Parts arrived...SE 594 mods coming soon!!

markd21

A collection of parts from Mr. Mann's shop.

An orginal spec Core 594 bridge (i have the posts and everything

Core rings so the screws can be properly recessed...

Locking tuners and a Switchcraft switch. Have demo tracks of the stock guitar recorded. Gotta film the disassembly and rebuild. Then I can record the same examples with the upgraded hardware. Curious if the Core wiring harness will matter as much/more/less than new pickups. Like the sound of the stock pickups...HATE the feel/taper of the pots.

Yea! Keep us posted. I'll take some pics of my project too.

The parts I've been waiting for (1.1K & 2.2K resistors, push/pull tone controls, and amber lampshade knobs) finally landed here in rural Colorado.

I'm going to replace the tone control in my '00 CE22 and SE Singlecut with a push/pull tone control that will split the neck pickup through the 1.1K resistor and the bridge pickup through the 2.2K resistor for the PRS Partial Split.

I'm hoping it'll sound similar to the DGT partial split.

I bought that '00 CE22 from the original owner and he had replaced the rotary switch with a 3-way and the Dragon II pickups with Duncan pickups.

I put the Duncan pickups in my SE Singlecut (JB bridge & 59B neck pickup) and put a set of John Suhr humbuckers in my CE22.

They're all 4 conductor pickups so they're easily split.

Here's the SE Singlecut with Duncans...

Here's the CE22 with Suhrs...

Each new tone pot will split two humbuckers and keep them separate. I'll use one for each guitar.

Last edited:
Yea! Keep us posted. I'll take some pics of my project too.

The parts I've been waiting for (1.1K & 2.2K resistors, push/pull tone controls, and amber lampshade knobs) finally landed here in rural Colorado.

I'm going to replace the tone control in my '00 CE22 and SE Singlecut with a push/pull tone control that will split the neck pickup through the 1.1K resistor and the bridge pickup through the 2.2K resistor for the PRS Partial Split.

I'm hoping it'll sound similar to the DGT partial split.

I bought that '00 CE22 from the original owner and he had replaced the rotary switch with a 3-way and the Dragon II pickups with Duncan pickups.

I put the Duncan pickups in my SE Singlecut (JB bridge & 59B neck pickup) and put a set of John Suhr humbuckers in my CE22.

They're all 4 conductor pickups so they're easily split.

Here's the SE Singlecut...

Here's the CE22...

Sweet!! I did an SE245 to match the specs of my SC245 57/08LTD. Once done, it blew my ME-V out of the water!!

Yeah, not 100% sure. If so I'm not out too much $$$. At any rate I'm hoping I can transfer the saddles if it's a metric vs. Imperial thing.
If the inserts in the body are metric you may be able to get some imperial thread inserts from Mr. Mann, if you want to go in deep enough to pull the existing studs out of the body.

I'll bet!

My SE's can hold their own with my Core guitars after a pickup swap and some upgrades.

What's with the white pointer knob? Is that a rotary switch?

Nah, not a rotary. It's the vol pot for the neck pickup. Helps me remember, plus I roll the neck volume in kind of like a tone filter. I use 4 knob guitars to their fullest. One amp sound, tonal variations with the knobs and splits.

Nah, not a rotary. It's the vol pot for the neck pickup. Helps me remember, plus I roll the neck volume in kind of like a tone filter. I use 4 knob guitars to their fullest. One amp sound, tonal variations with the knobs and splits.
Aha! Well...I'm done with the CE22.

The partial coil tap sounds are good!

Thicker and stronger than just splitting the humbucker and turning one coil fully off.

I'm going to experiment with the values of the resistors in a few days.

Not now though. I just want to play this guitar.

It's almost like getting a new one.

Back