P24 with 57/08's - replace bridge with Tremonti treble

SantzHex

Hi All,

Last year I purchased 2015 P24 with the 57/08 pickups. Amazing guitar, hands down. Unfortunately, as I primarily play with higher gain, I just couldn't bond with the stock bridge pickup. I decided to swap the bridge p/u out for a Tremonti treble (which I have and love already in my SC 245), keeping the stock 57/08 in the neck. Based on the info I could find, this combo should work well with the default setup, since the Tremonti can split, etc.

Using the schematic for the P24, the Tremonti's white, black, and shielding wires were soldered in place of the 57/08. Now, I was not sure how to handle the Tremonti's red and green wires for the splitting. Currently, I soldered them together at pin B on the 5-way selector. Based on the result, which is that positions 2-4 sound like crap, I am assuming (hoping) I wired this incorrectly.

So I assume then that the red and green wires must be the individual coils on the pickup? Which wire should be soldered to pin B in order to maintain the intended 5-way operation? Or do I actually have it connected correctly, and this simply a bad combo?

Thanks.

Sounds like it might be out of phase, in which case the remedy would be swapping the locations of the black and white wires on the Tremonti pickup.

So to confirm, connecting BOTH the green and red wires to pin B is correct, but the black and white wires may need to be swapped?

The effect I'm hearing in switch positions 2-4 is almost like a wah pedal is engaged in a fixed position (sorry if that makes no sense). The tremonti in position 1 and 57/08 in position 5 sound phenomenal.

So to confirm, connecting BOTH the green and red wires to pin B is correct, but the black and white wires may need to be swapped?

The effect I'm hearing in switch positions 2-4 is almost like a wah pedal is engaged in a fixed position (sorry if that makes no sense). The tremonti in position 1 and 57/08 in position 5 sound phenomenal.

Correct. And based on this further description, I'm positive it's currently out of phase.

Back