Opportunity to buy a Bernie

Dirty_Boogie

Still got the ol' tagger on it
I have an opportunity to buy a used, but mint 2014 SE Bernie Marsden in Vintage Sunburst with SE gig bag. Need to know if the price is fair. If ok to ask on the forum, please can someone give me an idea of a fair value. If not, PM's are welcome. Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. Asking $450 locally - I think I'll pass. If it were a killer deal, I'd take it.

Thanks for the replies. Asking $450 locally - I think I'll pass. If it were a killer deal, I'd take it.

Are you looking for a singlecut guitar? If so, you can’t do better than a Bernie for under $1000, realistically I’d say more than that but...

I know I said all SE’s are worth $350 stock but, my Bernie is an amazing guitar, I don’t care what it’s worth or what it cost. If you’re looking, $450 is fine... just don’t sell it, you won’t want to anyway.

Are you looking for a singlecut guitar? If so, you can’t do better than a Bernie for under $1000, realistically I’d say more than that but...

I know I said all SE’s are worth $350 stock but, my Bernie is an amazing guitar, I don’t care what it’s worth or what it cost. If you’re looking, $450 is fine... just don’t sell it, you won’t want to anyway.
Thanks for the follow-up. I'm tempted, but not 100% sure if I'm into a singlecut. If any else wants to snag it, let me know - I'll point you in the right direction.

^Same here. 'Cept for $399 the previous owner in my case swapped out for a bone nut and some good guts (CTS pots, Orange drop cap, and Switchcraft jack).

I added a set of SD Seth Lovers and a MannMade 2300 adjustable bridge and a Switchcraft switch. While it may not be Bernie's '58 Les Paul what "inspired" it, the Marsden definitely holds its own. Seeing some of the other mods in here kinda makes me want to get some Core speed knobs.

plNfyAQ.jpg

Back