"Not-Buyer's" Regret

Tosca

Zombie 10, DFZ
There have been several threads about that guitar you wish you never let get away. Sometimes, however, the realities of life prevent you from acting on that perfect guitar. Now I'm not talking about that '59 Burst you didn't bid on at a Christie's auction...none of us (with the possible exception of Markie...wow) are playing in that league. Looking for that one guitar, that only comes along rarely, that you otherwise could/would have jumped on, but couldn't because the time wasn't right. Let's hear those stories, with pics if possible. Hope this makes me feels better.

Because of my relentless obsession with short scale single cut PRSi over the last year (following my introduction with a RW necked WL SC 245 from Brian's Guitars) I was unable to pull the trigger on this beautiful PS Custom 22, 10th anniversary, in my favorite color no less. After purchasing a PS McSC, Zach SE....with another PS SC58 (mostly McSC specs) and another Brian's WL 245 "in the works" I had to pass on this beauty. I have been lusting after one of these for quite some time. I also, unfortunately made the mistake of playing it...ouch.

2e0af65f94b81316210e6edc56edd6a7_zps70b02f0f.jpg

36bfdcf67035a88f8e124f143bab1049_zpsbdb81143.jpg

Rosewood ltd.
Mrs. authorized buying it, but I decided to put the money on my mortgage instead. 2009 in went to Experience specifically to talk to the private stock team about doing a build to that spec.

Nice Axe!!! I could almost imagine putting that in a glass case with lights and an angel chorus playing in the background.

Lucky find if you find one.

Last edited:
2e0af65f94b81316210e6edc56edd6a7_zps70b02f0f.jpg

Saw this one in the store today...even nicer in person. Played it smart and didn't ask them to take it out from behind the glass...

Last edited:
Many years ago now, but there was a Rosewood Ltd trem for sale on ebay in Chicago for $7500...

Also, had an employee guitar in the bag, McCarty trem with maple neck and P90's. The seller was ready to sell it to me. They were pissed at another buyer who had flaked a little, gone silent after committing to it.

I told the guy if he already had a deal, I didn't want to mess that up. He said he'd give him one more day, then ping me. The guy showed up the next day and bought it...

Back