NGD- Wood Library 509

Dancing Frog

Senior 513 Whore
This is one of the Sweetwater Wood Library run. The Brian's Guitars one will be here closer to the end of the year. Similar specs though, Swamp Ash back, Flame Maple neck, Quilted Maple Top, and Smoked hardware. Too busy playing to say much more or take my own snaps.
251357-front-xlarge.jpg
251357-body-xlarge.jpg
251357-angle-xlarge.jpg
251357-back-xlarge.jpg
251357-detail1-xlarge.jpg

Tone report, please.

I'm a little annoyed that what i thought was a cool and relatively unique combo of woods and hardware on an atypical model (509) is now diminished by these Sweetwater offerings.

Still, looking forward to my Violet Blueburst in November (or whenever).

Tone report, please.

I'm a little annoyed that what i thought was a cool and relatively unique combo of woods and hardware on an atypical model (509) is now diminished by these Sweetwater offerings.

Still, looking forward to my Violet Blueburst in November (or whenever).
This is a repost of what I posted in the private Wood Library 509 conversation before I went to bed.

You're going to love the tone from the wood selection. This is NOT a 513 Swamp Ash. Swamp Ash and Maple tends to give one a mid scooped tone with snappy highs. This one has it, and more Telecaster like growl on the bridge pick up. But, it doesn't have the nose that the 513 Swamp Ash had. The 509 pick ups round that right off even with the PRS strings which usually make 513's sound a little brittle. In fact, it sounds very close to the Guitar of Month version, just a touch less warm.

This is one of the Sweetwater Wood Library run. The Brian's Guitars one will be here closer to the end of the year. Similar specs though, Swamp Ash back, Flame Maple neck, Quilted Maple Top, and Smoked hardware. Too busy playing to say much more or take my own snaps.
251357-front-xlarge.jpg
251357-body-xlarge.jpg
251357-angle-xlarge.jpg
251357-back-xlarge.jpg
251357-detail1-xlarge.jpg
spectacular Georges
Congrats

Back