NGD!! Waited a long time to get one of these!

If possible maybe Bodia can describe the tones of his redwood limited edition. I’m curious what his results will be.

If possible maybe Bodia can describe the tones of his redwood limited edition. I’m curious what his results will be.

Well, I don't really have anything to compare it to, but I would say it has a unique sounds. I'm not sure if that is the pickups (Listed as LE on the hang tag), the 2 piece bridge, or the redwood top. I will say that it seems to have a "darkness" in the bass, but plenty of "sparkle" on the high end. I am sure some of that comes from the guitar being semi-hollow as well. It seems much more resonant than other guitars I have. For the "hollowness", I can only compare it to an HBII and the RL Vela. Acoustically, it's not too far off from the HB, which surprised me since there are no f-holes. The RL Vela sounds dead, acoustically, next the the redwood LTD Sig. It's a really unique guitar, IMO, that I'll be hanging on to for quite some time. If you ever stumble across one of the LE's in the wild, I would suggest pulling the trigger. There is no disappointment!

Well, I don't really have anything to compare it to, but I would say it has a unique sounds. I'm not sure if that is the pickups (Listed as LE on the hang tag), the 2 piece bridge, or the redwood top. I will say that it seems to have a "darkness" in the bass, but plenty of "sparkle" on the high end. I am sure some of that comes from the guitar being semi-hollow as well. It seems much more resonant than other guitars I have. For the "hollowness", I can only compare it to an HBII and the RL Vela. Acoustically, it's not too far off from the HB, which surprised me since there are no f-holes. The RL Vela sounds dead, acoustically, next the the redwood LTD Sig. It's a really unique guitar, IMO, that I'll be hanging on to for quite some time. If you ever stumble across one of the LE's in the wild, I would suggest pulling the trigger. There is no disappointment!

Thanks for taking the time out and replying. I like that you touched on the sound acoustically. Mine is also very responsive acoustically. I guess maybe the bell like tones I'm describing can be attributed to the acoustic response of the Cedar, same with your redwood couple with the fact they are semi-hollow. My redwood CU24 (not semi-hollow) also has a different acoustical response compared to my Maple top CU24's, much warmer chiming sound.

The Limited edition series are awesome guitars, highly recommended.

Thanks for taking the time out and replying. I like that you touched on the sound acoustically. Mine is also very responsive acoustically. I guess maybe the bell like tones I'm describing can be attributed to the acoustic response of the Cedar, same with your redwood couple with the fact they are semi-hollow. My redwood CU24 (not semi-hollow) also has a different acoustical response compared to my Maple top CU24's, much warmer chiming sound.

The Limited edition series are awesome guitars, highly recommended.

All I know is, I love it!

Back