NGD!! Waited a long time to get one of these!

That is a great, great acquisition! I love that top. Looks simply glorious!

I have a redwood top from this run. Same situation, case queen. I absolutely love it! Hard to tell how much the redwood effects everything since they are semi-hollow as well. It sure does ring pretty, though. A keeper, for sure!

That is a great, great acquisition! I love that top. Looks simply glorious!

I have a redwood top from this run. Same situation, case queen. I absolutely love it! Hard to tell how much the redwood effects everything since they are semi-hollow as well. It sure does ring pretty, though. A keeper, for sure!

Right! I forgot to mention the Semi-hollow part. Did you ever check your PUPS? are they the VB LTD? I'm so psyched to have this guitar! I remember seeing your in photos, it was beautiful!! (my thread regarding redwood CU24 I bought)
Thanks for you reply

Right! I forgot to mention the Semi-hollow part. Did you ever check your PUPS? are they the VB LTD? I'm so psyched to have this guitar! I remember seeing your in photos, it was beautiful!! (my thread regarding redwood CU24 I bought)
Thanks for you reply

I never did pull them. It's due for a sting change, so I will take a peek then. The hang tag is in the case at the storage locker, but I believe it said "LTD" or "Sig Ltd" pickups.

I never did pull them. It's due for a sting change, so I will take a peek then. The hang tag is in the case at the storage locker, but I believe it said "LTD" or "Sig Ltd" pickups.
Cool, take some pics. Also feel free to post a pic of yours here to show th e difference between my Cedar and your Redwood top. Good visual info. :D

I'm a big fan of PRS guitars with TOM bridges. This is a great example. Nice score

Cool, take some pics. Also feel free to post a pic of yours here to show th e difference between my Cedar and your Redwood top. Good visual info. :D

Will do! Here's a "boring" pic, but it best shows off the horizontal waves. Most noticeable near the bottom, and then closer to the horns.

xozx8th.jpg

Glamour shot!

BYe2yIG.jpg

Dude! Never get sick of seeing your guitar! So cool, it’s awesome the different woods used in the series.
Your gold hardware looks great, she was definitely a case queen! Rock on!

So tonally, how is it? I thought cedar was a "warmer" (softer) wood. How does it sound?

So tonally, how is it? I thought cedar was a "warmer" (softer) wood. How does it sound?

So here’s the deal I compared a custom 24 signature series with maple top, my custom 24 with a red wood top Both of those have HFS and vintage base pickups, redwood is warmer, definitely a difference. Now the Cedartop Limited edition is totally different sounding than those two. Cedartop Limited edition Also has different pickups, neck pickup is vintage bass, VB-LTD, I believe it has different windings it is a very single coil sounding humbucker if that makes sense similar to my 59/09 neck I put in my Santana but better. The Cedar guitar which is also a semi hollow body guitar is a lot warmer with a lot of harmonic overtones. Notes have almost a bellish quality to them. The bridge pickup is called Vintage base LTD Treble position. It is not a high output pickup but still packs a nice tone, different than HFS. Treble pickup also has a beautiful bell like quality and lovely warm sound.

There is a lot to like regarding the tone of the LTD. It sounds awesome, especially through clean channel and overdrive, I wouldn’t call it a good for heavy metal. Very sweet sounding instrument, excellent choice if you want to achieve Larry Carlton, Pat Matheny, Santana, Al DiMeola styles, etc.

Back