NGD!! PRS 513

S

slang05

I found this a few days ago at a local Guitar Center fell in love the minute I started playing it. When he pulled it down from the "forbidden to touch area" behind the counter it had about an inch of dust on it and just looked nasty. I plugged it in more out of curiosity (I wasn't guitar shopping) to check out the tonal options of the 513 and was blown away. It played amazing (I was not expecting that due to it being neglected) and the tones were so awesome I knew I had to have it, but it was wayyyy out of what I could spend..until I noticed it was 3 years old! Then I knew I had some bargaining power! I really didn't like the price that I was quoted that night so I passed, but like all great guitars, the seed had been planted. So I called him today and asked if he was really ready to move it, if so I'd be in..and low and behold he was. I ended up getting it for almost $1200 less than it was tagged!! PERFECT!!! It had some surface and pick scratches but with the polish I have they came right out. Looks like it is brand new, not 3 years old. Very happy with it.

I assume it's a one piece mahogany body and to be honest, I'm not even sure the color! I think its a McCarty Tobacco wrap..but I honestly don't know. Any opinions on the color?

8299439072_084a002ebd_z.jpg

8299480730_5f10a868ee_z.jpg

8298387779_9a94845f3f_z.jpg

That's what's called a 513 Standard as opposed to a 513, and it's a pretty one. The difference between models is the maple top. The 513 Standard is more uncommon.

Guitar Center is notorious for losing the cases; but if you got the case, there might be a sticker on the top that give its MODCAT from which we can figure out the finish color.

Last edited:
I kinda assumed it was a standard, but there is so little online about the 513 Standard I wasn't sure. It did have the original case, the sticker on it says.... FTH2--HFIFT_MT_NCCCF.

I have no idea what that means!

Hog Top Wood
22 Frets
Top Spec - N/A N/A
Hog Neck
Wide Fat (actually 513 specific carve)
Indian Rosewood board
513 Birds
Trem
McCarty Tobacco Burst
Nickel Hardware
513 Pickups T/M/B
513 Switching

Source -http://www.gearacquisitionsyndrome.com/2008/04/deciphering-prs-modcat-hang-tagcase.html?m=1

Nice score by the way, 513s are great! I'd love to try a standard out one day!

Thanks guys! I'm loving it! What is "hog top wood"? Lol. Is it a pork like top? Lol

Thanks..I've never played a 513 before this one, really don't know the difference between this one and the maple top. All I know is this one sounds great!

I love the warmth of an Hog guitar, and that top looks amazing! Enjoy.

Wow... That is a beaut Clark... Gorgeous guitar you have there. Sounds like a great deal also.

Back