NGD/OGD?? Boomerang McCarty Rosewood

If you have 2 identical guitars, can 1 be a million times better?

• Heck Yeah

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Heck No

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
S

slang05

To make a long story long, I purchased this guitar new in 2006. Yes it is a 2004 so as you can imagine, got a good deal on it. Anyway, I ended up trading after a few years (and several gigs) to a GC for a 10 Top Singlecut Trem. I don't know why. I think I was bored and just wanted a new guitar (we've all been there..yes even you there in the back). Always kinda regretted it. I'd go in there and see it hanging there and just feel guilty. So after awhile, somebody had bought it and it was gone.

I didn't know it at a time but a guy I would end up working with at a local music store (we were both teachers) was the one who bought it. One day when we were waiting for our lessons to come in he told me a magical tale about a mysterious Rosewood Neck McCarty. It didn't take long before we put 2 and 2 together (we're guitarists, we're slow) and realized it was my old McCarty. He had ended up trading it away. And so it was gone again..

Some years later I was doing a trade with a gentleman, in a gas station parking lot of course, when he began to tell me the same magical tale about a McCarty he owned. Once I saw the pic, I knew it was my old McCarty. Since that day, every time I had money to buy a guitar, I emailed him and it was always the same story.."Ready to sell me the McCarty?"..."Nope" lol. A few times I even told him, if I'm bugging you, just tell me to stop, but he didn't care cause he knew one day he might want to sell. This went on for over 4 years until Monday when he said yes. So the guitar came home.

The magical tale you ask? For everybody it's a bit different. But for all there is a common theme. The most amazing neck ever and the best sounding guitar. A combination of woods that just make a guitar more than a guitar. You ever play a guitar and not bond with it or look at it and not be able to figure out why it's not "doing it" for you? The neck shape you like, the exact woods you would want on the body/top and neck, and the pickups you love but the guitar is just...... a guitar. Am I the only one?? Maybe its just me. I will tell you that this is not the neck shape I would pick, but it feels so damn perfect. Not the pickups I would use if I was designing a guitar, but these sound amazing. The top isn't outstanding, and the color is not my first choice, but she's beautiful to me. Somehow the planets aligned perfectly and everything came together on this guitar. At least thats the way I feel about it. And 10 years later and thousands of chords and solos later, it feels and sounds even better.

27745603112_5e35c04145_c.jpg

27812464486_f20606b21f_c.jpg

27745601152_ac76b1e5c5_c.jpg

27745601662_19ec44b6b6_c.jpg[

It's gorgeous, seriously great, and how cool is it that you got "the one" back?

I've had a few I shouldn't have let go, too. I know the feeling, and you had to be really excited to get it back.

Happy, happy, joy, joy.....cool story! Love it. I've got one that got away 30 years ago that I will never see again. Glad your story has a happy ending. Best wishes to years of love to you!

It's gorgeous, seriously great, and how cool is it that you got "the one" back?

I've had a few I shouldn't have let go, too. I know the feeling, and you had to be really excited to get it back.

I got home tonight from work (a little early actually) and can't put it down. I can't even begin to tell you how I feel when I play this..almost like an extension of me lol

That's a fantastic tale, I bet all of us (except maybe the hoarders, who never give up nuthin') have a similar tale without the happy ending. Huzzah that you got The One back!

Awesome story!

It will never happen to me, because I have every guitar I have ever owned. I'm a hoarder, I guess...

She's like a soulmate and you were destined to be together
thanks for sharing this lovely story.

That's pretty crazy, but then that's how you know its your guitar. That guitar reminds me of my SC trem in the same exact finish as yours. It wasn't my first choice and it was mby even an impulsive buy, but I'm glad I bought it bcs it just sings in my hands. I originally felt the neck was way to bulky, but after a few months I stopped noticing and now feels just right.
I think certain guitars have a magic of their own that kinda separates them from others.
Cheers on getting your baby back!

Don't let her go again! :)

Back