NGD: OG 10 Top Whale Blue Singlecut

Jbyrd78

Ever since I found that overpriced 2001 Whale Blue Singlecut forsale over in the U.K this past July....I may have kept the link open in another browser... that got refreshed numerous times daily, just to make sure it didn't sell.
I told myself if the guitar was still there 90 days from the day I originally found it, I was purchasing it!
Well here she is, and she only took 3 days to get here. The original pictures they had on the website, and the ones they sent me didn't do this guitar any justice.
It's the heaviest Singlecut of the 5 that I now own, but not heavy enough to be bothersome. First thing I did before I plugged her in was install a PRS aluminum truss rod cover, PRS McCarty pickup rings, removed the stock bridge pickup and installed a Seymour Duncan, cleaned her up and installed a fresh set of Ernie Ball Slinky10-48's.
Eventually I will get around to installing some new electronics.
Here are some pics for you all to enjoy.

Stunning! Congrats!
OG Singlecuts, FTW!:)
\m/, \m/, \m/
Love it! Wish I would have hung on to my 2001
I know what ya mean. Singlecut's are my fave PRS's.
Hottie For Real. Nice Grab! Enjoy That One!!

Congrats!
Thank you Good Sir!
Congratulations on finally getting your White...er, Blue Whale! Looks awesome.
I'm curious though, you swapped out the bridge pickup without even hearing it - have you had bad experience with them before?
No, I've never had a bad experience with the stock #7's...I actually love them! However I have 2, 2000 Singlecut's & 3 2001 Singlecut's and I just wanted a different pickup variety amongst them.

- 2000 Goldtop Singlecut: stock #7 pickups
- 2000 Amber Burst Singlecut : stock #7's(bridge pickup cover removed)
- 2001 McCarty Burst Singlecut: PRS \m/ metal pickup set
- 2001 Purple Singlecut: PRS \m/ metal pickup in the bridge w/ cover removed & stock #7 in neck
- 2001 Whale Blue Singlecut: Seymour Duncan SH-6 in bridge & stock #7 in the neck.

Last edited:
I know what ya mean. Singlecut's are my fave PRS's.

Thank you Good Sir!

No, I've never had a bad experience with the stock #7's...I actually love them! However I have 2, 2000 Singlecut's & 3 2001 Singlecut's and I just wanted a different pickup variety amongst them.

- 2000 Goldtop Singlecut: stock #7 pickups
- 2000 Amber Burst Singlecut : stock #7's(bridge pickup cover removed)
- 2001 McCarty Burst Singlecut: PRS \m/ metal pickup set
- 2001 Purple Singlecut: PRS \m/ metal pickup in the bridge w/ cover removed & stock #7 in neck
- 2001 Whale Blue Singlecut: Seymour Duncan SH-6 in bridge & stock #7 in the neck.
Ah, makes sense!

Ah, makes sense!
Yeah but knowing me, I will either end up installing a \m/ pickup, or just removing the cover from the stock #7 pickup, and then reinstalling it.
Congratulations, gorgeous top!
Thank you!
Smokin! Helluva score
Thank youa
What an amazing top on that beauty! Congrats.
Yeah the last two Singlecut's I've bought have had some pretty awesome tops.
Spectacular Score!
Thank you!
That is one hot mama! What is the fretboard wood, cocobolo? Congrats on a fantastic score!!
Thank you! As far as the fingerboard goes, I don't know if it's just a light piece of rosewood, or if it's some exotic wood like you mentioned. My purple singlecut has a similar fingerboard. I guess I will email the serial numbers for both of those guitars to PRS Monday and see what they can tell me. Did they even use any other exotic woods?

Back