NGD 2001 Singlecut Purple!

I don't always dig purple guitars, but when I do, they look like yours.

artworks-000084701868-7m0bfo-t500x500.jpg

Just so you know, I drooled on that one a few times on the verb so you may want to give it a good cleaning when it gets there! Congrats on a great score and looking forward to some more!!
Thank's. Yeah I found it on Reverb Friday while looking for a Whale Blue Singlecut w/ bird inlays. I found a blue one in Montreal, but they want $3k for it. I also found a blue SC250 model, but it had dot inlays. So I decided Saturday, I better jump on this or else it will be gone. Plus this is the first purple Singlecut I have ever seen.
Heck yeah!

I think some setup work will be in order. That bridge is at an extreme angle...
Thank's for that heads-up. I just looked at some other pic's that were posted and it doesn't look to bad. I guess we will see once I have it in front of me. Any recommendations for a remedy?
Congratulations.
That was in my watch list... another temptation removed...lol.
I know how that can be. I was watching a trans cherry 2000 Singlecut last week. I was getting ready to scrub into a surgery and I saw the seller dropped the price down to $1,800.00 on the guitar. I decided during the case, I was going to buy the guitar after the case. Well...2hrs later and it was already gone.

P.S. I'm not a doctor lol.

What's the scale length on those early singlecuts??
22 fret, 25 inch scale.
Beautiful guitar! What pickups are in it?
The stock pickups are PRS #7's. I'll more than likely remove the stock bridge pickup, and install an uncovered PRS \m/ pickup, and some Core McCarty pickup rings.

The reason it was in my watch list to start with..lol.
And then the specs were pretty impressive.
And then they dropped the price...
I nearly bit but glad it's gone to a good home.
Enjoy the heck out of it!
The price it says it sold for, is not the price I paid. That's the one thing about Reverb I can't stand! I wish they would show the actual price that the item sold for.

The price it says it sold for, is not the price I paid. That's the one thing about Reverb I can't stand! I wish they would show the actual price that the item sold for.
Amen to that!
It bloats the actual average sold price of a particular model.
Not too good when trying to research to strike your best deal.

Amen to that!
It bloats the actual average sold price of a particular model.
Not too good when trying to research to strike your best deal.
And BTW thank you, it has gone to a good home. It's now joining its 2000 Goldtop, & 2001 McCarty burst brother's. I love PRS's, but I really love the "lawsuit" Singlecut's, theirs just something about them...I'm also still on the hunt for that Whale Blue one as well

If you look at the sales history graph it lists the actual sold for prices, but not on the individual listing. Ebay doesn't show the sold for price, either, but it atleast let's you know a best offer was accepted.

Here she is. First impressions...this guitar is beautiful! The pictures that were taking to sell this guitar did her no justice. I was really suprised to find out the back, neck & headstock are actually dark transparent purple, not black. The only thing I was bummed to see, was the clouding in the finish in certain areas on the front, b/c it wasn't listed in the description. From looking at the hang tags from both this guitar and my 2001 McCarty Burst Singlecut, they were made within 3 weeks of each other. Time to set her up, throw some fresh 10-50 gauge strings on her and rock out. I also need to decide, if want to:
-Just remove the cover on the stock #7 bridge pickup and rock her
- Or install a PRS Dragon II, Suhr Aldrich, or my Greenville Sabotuer bridge pickup rock her out.
What's your guy's thoughts?

It’s even better in your pics. The dark purple back and neck is amazing. And, being a PRS, you know it sounds as good as it looks.

Here she is. First impressions...this guitar is beautiful! The pictures that were taking to sell this guitar did her no justice. I was really suprised to find out the back, neck & headstock are actually dark transparent purple, not black. The only thing I was bummed to see, was the clouding in the finish in certain areas on the front, b/c it wasn't listed in the description. From looking at the hang tags from both this guitar and my 2001 McCarty Burst Singlecut, they were made within 3 weeks of each other. Time to set her up, throw some fresh 10-50 gauge strings on her and rock out. I also need to decide, if want to:
- Or install a PRS Dragon II, Suhr Aldrich, or my Greenville Sabotuer bridge pickup rock her out.

I’ve never taken the #7‘s out of my 4 Singlecuts (especially for Dragon II’s). I love them. Spend some time with them, they might not need to be changed at all.
Me, the only thing I would change on that beauty is swapping all the hardware for gold / anodized / hybrid hardware.

That should be only important to you, none of my business what and why you paid what you did or anyone here for that matter.

It’s even better in your pics. The dark purple back and neck is amazing. And, being a PRS, you know it sounds as good as it looks.
I know, that's what I thought when I opened the case and took it outside to snap pics.
Glad it is in it's home now safe! Congrats again on a beautiful axe!! Rock it!!!
Thanks.
I’ve never taken the #7‘s out of my 4 Singlecuts (especially for Dragon II’s). I love them. Spend some time with them, they might not need to be changed at all.
Me, the only thing I would change on that beauty is swapping all the hardware for gold / anodized / hybrid hardware.
My McCarty Burst has a set of \m/ pickups in them, the Goldtop has a \m/ pickup in the bridge, but I have the stock pickups for all guitars in the case.
That should be only important to you, none of my business what and why you paid what you did or anyone here for that matter.
You are correct, hence why I only mentioned it, and didn't actually mention what I paid for it.

Def keep the #7's in. I took the #7's out of my Singlecut, regretted it, and put them back in. They're staying..

Looks like I got another Singlecut heading my way. I was trying to hold out for a Whale Blue Singlecut, and this all stock 2001 beauty popped up on Reverb. A little price negotiating w/the seller and I sealed the deal. She will be here Friday. The only con to the purchase was that I parted ways with my Core 2018 Custom 24 Black Gold Burst for the funds. I didn't have to do that, but if I wouldn't have done that, then I would not have been able to take a trip to the Chicago Music Exchange next month to hopefully buy another PRS...unless the Whale Blue Singlecut I am wanting magically appears between now and then lol.

Congrats !!! Purple is a color I want someday !!!!! be careful at CME it just cost me a ton !!!!

Def keep the #7's in. I took the #7's out of my Singlecut, regretted it, and put them back in. They're staying..
Oh don't get me wrong, I love the #7's, but I also love the \m/'s, but I don't run the \m/'s on full vol. I match them with the output of the neck pickup, I think they sound better that way. Back to the #7's, I think I may keep it installed, but just carefully remove the cover on the bridge pickup. I do alot of guitar setups and repairs on the side, so it would be no big issue if I ever wanted to reinstall the cover and rewax pot it.
Congrats !!! Purple is a color I want someday !!!!! be careful at CME it just cost me a ton !!!!
Oh yeah...I know all about CME I'm from the northern Indiana area. It's not set in stone if I'm going b/c I'm also contemplating take a trip to Nashville to visit Gruhn Guirars & Carter Guitars & Rumble Seat.

Sweet freakin' guitar, man. (I'm calling dibs now.) You know what pickups I'd like to see tried out in that guitar? A nickel-covered Suhr SSV neck with an uncovered black SSH+ bridge. I currently have the SSV/SSH (non-plus) in a singlecut trem, and I find the set is on-par with the Dragon II set. I'm betting that the extra "oomph" of the SSH+ would make it pretty much like the original (and awesome!) Dragon (1) pickups.

...my Greenville Sabotuer bridge pickup...
Oh, crap--do you know Todd? I know him from the Dr. Z amp community...

Back