NGD! DW CE24 HT Ltd. incoming

Jimi D

@ the hundredth meridian
Picked up a DW CE24 Hardtail Limited this morning after thinking about it for the weekend ~ should be arriving in a few days.

But until then, here are some shop photos (actual guitar):

OMF76cP.jpg

0xVBbFz.jpg

Already got the Amber Lampshades and a blank, black anodized aluminum PRS TRC ordered from John Mann, too. :D

Got an incredible deal on it. Picked up a custom Mesa Mark Five:25 combo at the same time (white tolex and grill, creamback) that I also got a killer deal on... I've missed my Mark V since I sold it after going digital for live some years back, but figured this would make me feel better about the loss... grabbed some leather PRS bird straps too...

But I'm conflicted. Sure I just grabbed some awesome gear at ridiculous prices (>30% off), but I got those prices because my favorite Canadian guitar shop is closing its doors for good... And that makes me rather sad.

I've purchased a lot of guitars from these guys over the years. They will be sorely missed by me and a lot of other Ontario players who knew and loved the store and it's people. Damn. :(

Last edited:
Picked up a DW CE24 Hardtail Limited this morning after thinking about it for the weekend ~ should be arriving in a few days.

OMF76cP.jpg

0xVBbFz.jpg

Already got the Amber Lampshades and a blank, black anodized aluminum PRS TRC ordered from John Mann, too. :D

Got an incredible deal on it. Picked up a custom Mesa Mark Five:25 combo at the same time (white tolex and grill, creamback) that I also got a killer deal on... I've missed my Mark V since I sold it after going digital for live some years back, but figured this would make me feel better about the loss... grabbed some leather PRS bird straps too...

But I'm conflicted. Sure I just grabbed some awesome gear at ridiculous prices (>30% off), but I got those prices because my favorite Canadian guitar shop is closing its doors for good... And that makes me rather sad.

I've purchased a lot of guitars from these guys over the years. They will be sorely missed by me and a lot of other Ontario players who knew and loved the store and it's people. Damn. :(
Darn...that sure is a painful double edged sword right there.
Great you got good deals but at the cost of another guitar shop going under...it's a harsh cruel world in store commerce right now.
At least you do get to enjoy your new gear .

OMF76cP.jpg

0xVBbFz.jpg

Nice

You won’t regret any of them! Love my markV:25 (with cream/brown look). The DW feels great. Loved that satin finish. Ultimately I may have favored different pickups so I resold it. But it felt amazing. And always stayed in tune.

OMF76cP.jpg

0xVBbFz.jpg

Congrats , I picked up the Blue CE24 they had listed , just arrived today

I hate to have anyone’s local shop close! Mkv25 in white tolex? Outstanding. I’m gonna admit it - I don’t know what “DW” stands for, but that is a gorgeous guitar. I’d love a pic of the little white Mesa. Congratulations on the haul, and I’m sorry about your local shop.

Last edited:
I hate to have anyone’s local shop close! Mkv25 in white Rolex? Outstanding. I’m gonna admit it - I don’t know what “DW” stands for, but that is a gorgeous guitar. I’d love a pic of the little white Mesa. Congratulations on the haul, and I’m sorry about your local shop.
DW is for the Dusty Waring model!

Mine's here too

NZM9rSy.jpg

Now I'm just waiting on the new hardware and I'll take some proper @ home pics... First impression is that it's a sweet player, but I'll have to wait until the weekend to give the pickups a workout...

Ahhhhh, bonnie. Great pic too.

I hate to have anyone’s local shop close! Mkv25 in white tolex? Outstanding. I’m gonna admit it - I don’t know what “DW” stands for, but that is a gorgeous guitar. I’d love a pic of the little white Mesa. Congratulations on the haul, and I’m sorry about your local shop.

DW is for the Dusty Waring model!

Tell the truth, it’s Dats Wovely.

Back