NGD DGT

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. It sure is pretty!
Wonderful color and grain! Is it a ten top?
This one is not a 10 top.

I got to gig with it twice this weekend.
The first was a Country/Southern Rock band with 2 guitar players, we do a lot of trading off solos and harmony leads. Traditional set up with amps on stage, not horrifically loud on stage but not too quiet either. I used my Mesa Mark 5 and the other guy played through a Marshal with 212 cab. The other guy usually brings a Les Paul, Tele and a Strat. I usually bring a Tele and a Les Paul. This time I brought the DGT and a Tele. I mainly played the DGT but I did pick up the Tele some on some of the real traditional country. It covered everything very well.

The second gig was a classic rock band where I am the only guitarist and it is a silent stage with IEMs. I used a Boss GX 100. It sounded great and this guitar really set nice in the mix. I was really happy with the tone on both gigs.

Everyone in both bands loved the sounds I was getting. I'm really happy with this one. The tuning stability was very good.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. It sure is pretty!

This one is not a 10 top.

I got to gig with it twice this weekend.
The first was a Country/Southern Rock band with 2 guitar players, we do a lot of trading off solos and harmony leads. Traditional set up with amps on stage, not horrifically loud on stage but not too quiet either. I used my Mesa Mark 5 and the other guy played through a Marshal with 212 cab. The other guy usually brings a Les Paul, Tele and a Strat. I usually bring a Tele and a Les Paul. This time I brought the DGT and a Tele. I mainly played the DGT but I did pick up the Tele some on some of the real traditional country. It covered everything very well.

The second gig was a classic rock band where I am the only guitarist and it is a silent stage with IEMs. I used a Boss GX 100. It sounded great and this guitar really set nice in the mix. I was really happy with the tone on both gigs.

Everyone in both bands loved the sounds I was getting. I'm really happy with this one. The tuning stability was very good.

Congrats on the guitar!! It looks anazing! That’s great that it’s working well with your gigs. I’m really happy with my DGTs. My Les Paul weighs 11 lbs and hardly gets played since I got the DGTs.

It sure looks as good, if not better, than the “10 Tops” on two of my PRS Core guitars!I
I agree!
My first few cores were 10 Tops but I have 4 now that are not 10 tops and they all look very nice!
I spoke to someone at the factory at one of the Experiences about how they rate the tops. I may be remembering it wrong now, I've slept a lot since then! But if I remember correctly at least at the time they rate them before they go through the CNC machine and keep that rating after done and sometimes they look better or worse before the shaping. Don't quote me on that!

I agree!
My first few cores were 10 Tops but I have 4 now that are not 10 tops and they all look very nice!
I spoke to someone at the factory at one of the Experiences about how they rate the tops. I may be remembering it wrong now, I've slept a lot since then! But if I remember correctly at least at the time they rate them before they go through the CNC machine and keep that rating after done and sometimes they look better or worse before the shaping. Don't quote me on that!

That first one is BONKERS!

I have been thinking about a DGT for a few years now but just never did it until now. Im so glad I did.

It's another blue guitar! Half of my cores are blue! I was looking for another color but this one really excited me.

I received it on Wednesday, so I've only had a limited amount of time with it. It was shipped to me and things are getting cold here so there was some totally expected tweaking to do. The neck needed adjusting, no big deal, the action was WAY high again no big deal, I fixed that no problem. The only other thing was the nut needed a little attention while a slightly bigger deal it was no problem and was pretty minor.

Bottom line:
I got it adjusted to my liking pretty quickly and I LOVE the feel!. I also really love the feel with the 11 gauge strings. I wasn't sure how that was going to go for me but so far they feel great.
As far as the tone goes I can't really answer to that, I just plugged in to an amp at work for a second to make sure all was good. I will be gigging with it this weekend so I'll know more then but I already know I'm going to love it.

Here are some pictures

How gorgeous! Wow. Just killer.

Back