Ngd Chris Robertson SE

We know how you feel about the way it looks, how does it sound?
Sounds great acoustically as well as what I mentioned about the pickups. I think the large percentage of an electric guitar's sound is from the pickups. I love, love the p90. I don't think I would put it on all my guitars or anything but it's absolutely fantastic on another guitar to have that more single coil chime like a strat. The p90 also has a lot of power. You still have loads of oomph if you switch it on for leads. That's what I initially noticed compared to typical neck humbuckers. The 5708 as the name implies is very classic sounding like back in 57 (not that I was there and remember but still :)) Excellent for that. Chimey, good bite to hit that classic overdrive, and the eq is where you would want for that genre. No overpowering from the bass or mids. For me, it's just barely not hot enough for what I play. I have to drive it too much and it loses a lot of the qualities mentioned above that make it stand out. Surprisingly Gibson's classic 57 plus' actual fulfill my needs and may be what I swap in. But overall to answer your question, sounds spectacular for where it's marketed - Black Stone Cherry classic rock 5708 lead tones with a hint of smooth love from the p90. Chris Robertson relies heavily on fuzz for his lead tones and both these pickups and guitar cooperate marvelously with that.

Just because you asked ;) The store I purchased from got 4 of them in. One of the guys took pictures of all 4 for me and let me pick my favorite of them :)

D0973C9E-41CA-4D75-A53C-A16C455656A8_zps8juuvzda.jpg

I think you're right on the popularity thing. Although, I still wonder if it would sell well on a feature basis. Like the ZM, I think that guitar draws tons of players because of its features, not because of the band's popularity.

I think it's kind of a popularity thing... when the Chris Robertson first came out I was talking about this with a friend who happens to be a PRS artist.

Black Stone Cherry has 474,000 Facebook likes... Shinedown (Zach Myers' band) has 2,816,000 likes. I'm actually kind of surprised that I've seen on here a lot that people bought the ZM for the tone, and not for the name/band.

But there's some artists with many more likes than that, whose guitarists don't have signature models, so I don't think popularity is the biggest decider. This is also assuming that Facebook likes has a correlation with a band's popularity.

Congrats. I want a red one badly. Someone saying the neck P90 deters them - that's why I want one! I LOVE P90s, my favorite pickup and in the neck is just fab.

HNGD.

Back