NGD: Artist 1

Rampage

I picked this up last weekend at Rumble Seat while visiting Carmel with my wife. The trip to Carmel helped grease the skids for a new guitar.

So far so good. I slapped a set of Cobalt 9s on, and it plays great and sounds great through my Herbert and Mini Rec.

Here's a dealer pic for now:

91PRSArtist57Amber.jpg

What are the spec on this Artist I vs. other core guitars at the time? Anyone know? Great looking guitar, man!

What are the spec on this Artist I vs. other core guitars at the time? Anyone know? Great looking guitar, man!

BRW fretboard and headstock overlay, Artist Pups, and a WF neck (the only 24 fretter that had this)

how often will you be visiting Carmel now? :rofl:

Haha! This trip was an expensive one. After working the deal on the PRS, we took a drive down past Big Sur. Between Lucia and Ragged Point, I had a tire blowout. My car has no spare but does have a compressor and some fix a flat. That crap wasn't going to work since the sidewall was thrashed. HWY 1 is remote, and we had no cell coverage. Eventually we were able to summons the HWY Patrol and get towed back. Between the tow back to Carmel and the new tire, we could have gone to Hawaii. But if we had done that, I would not have ended up with this awesome PRS!

Back to the guitar! It is killer. A bit heavy for a PRS, but it sounds gargantuan! Bolder than my ME 1. It was apparently built for Dan Huff. His loss is my gain!

Back