NGD - AP Tremonti (man did this one take a while!)

Awesome pics! Love that black paisley you got! Compliments the guitar quite nicely! Happy Father's Day!

Black paisley blue lined case FTW. I may have invented that case. I put it in a private stock quote a year or 2 ago and now they're popping up all over. Love the tight flame charcoal. Congrats!

Black paisley blue lined case FTW. I may have invented that case. I put it in a private stock quote a year or 2 ago and now they're popping up all over. Love the tight flame charcoal. Congrats!

Haha that's pretty cool. It was unexpected. I'm just glad it's black. I gave my father a hard time when his Paul's Guitar showed up with that crazy paisley case. Then my guitar arrived with a paisley case... karma's a *****!

I'm glad it all worked out for you in the end. That's one gorgeous AP pkg Tremonti.

Thanks guys. It definitely plays as good as it looks. I love the pattern thin neck profile. PRS was kind enough to have the PTC set it up for the tuning/string gauge I prefer before shipping it out. So it was ready to rock right out of the case. It arrived in California in tune! Did some recording with it last night at a friends house in fact.

How does it compare to a non-AP Tremonti? I'm thinking of getting an AP Tremonti w/ ebony board & stop tail. Just wondering if you had any experience w/ the non AP Tremontis to compare.

Congrats on the guitar. She looks sweet.

There are only 2 problems that are major with that guitar, and one minor one.
22 Fret and toggle location- Major.
Tremonti truss rod cover-minor.

That flame is tight, beautiful. Lovely guitar.

This guitar is so nice. Gotta give a thumbs up to PRS as well. While they did mess up your order initially and had it delayed with the bad top in progress, the top they chose for you seems extra nice and the black paisley case they threw in is awesome! Also loving the black pickup rings.

Maybe problems for you LOL. Many people prefer 22 frets over 24 and I'm definitely one of them. As far as the toggle position, it's in a classic spot regarding singlecut guitars with 2 volume and 2 tones. Works just fine.

Regarding the truss rod cover, well it is a signature model right? At least it only has a truss rod cover with his name on it rather than some gaudy inlay on the fretboard. The truss rod cover can be easily swapped out.

How does it compare to a non-AP Tremonti? I'm thinking of getting an AP Tremonti w/ ebony board & stop tail. Just wondering if you had any experience w/ the non AP Tremontis to compare.

Congrats on the guitar. She looks sweet.

I had a Core Tremonti for a while that I got for a steal of a price from a friend. It was a killer guitar. It's what got me looking into options for the Tremonti. As I understand it, the Core models and the AP guitars are all made on the same assembly line. From my experience the build quality has been pretty much the same between the two. The Core model played and sounded great as well, but I really prefer the feel of an ebony fretboard and I don't really need a trem. So AP was the route I went to get exactly what I wanted.

None of those are problems for me.

I had a Core Tremonti for a while that I got for a steal of a price from a friend. It was a killer guitar. It's what got me looking into options for the Tremonti. As I understand it, the Core models and the AP guitars are all made on the same assembly line. From my experience the build quality has been pretty much the same between the two. The Core model played and sounded great as well, but I really prefer the feel of an ebony fretboard and I don't really need a trem. So AP was the route I went to get exactly what I wanted.

Sounds good. I was just wondering if tone/sound changed at all. I've got two core Tremontis and am thinking of selling them to fund a AP build.

I've got a Gibson Les paul w/ ebony and really enjoy the feel. My McCarty order is coming w/ an ebony board.

This guitar is so nice. Gotta give a thumbs up to PRS as well. While they did mess up your order initially and had it delayed with the bad top in progress, the top they chose for you seems extra nice and the black paisley case they threw in is awesome! Also loving the black pickup rings.

Maybe problems for you LOL. Many people prefer 22 frets over 24 and I'm definitely one of them. As far as the toggle position, it's in a classic spot regarding singlecut guitars with 2 volume and 2 tones. Works just fine.

Regarding the truss rod cover, well it is a signature model right? At least it only has a truss rod cover with his name on it rather than some gaudy inlay on the fretboard. The truss rod cover can be easily swapped out.
The Navarro cover on my signature was tossed immediately lol! Yeah, I know all of the above- just not my cup of tea BUT I'm not one to say a sexy guitar isn't sexy!

like looking at a beautiful woman and admitting she's beautiful, even though she's got black hair and you like red the best :p

Awesome guitar. Awesome case. You have to be so stoked!

I'd tune it to C standard and learn every song on the new High on Fire record.

Chugchugchug!!!!

Awesome guitar. Awesome case. You have to be so stoked!

I'd tune it to C standard and learn every song on the new High on Fire record.

Chugchugchug!!!!

Haha, it's set up in Drop C#. Working on new music with some friends. ;)

Back