NGD 2015 SE Custom 22 Semi-Hollow 10-23-2015

A couple from today.
I put my son's Custom 22 next to my Santana to compare their orange colors, the Santana is a little darker.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Great gift, that's certainly a Merry Christmas!

I'm going to be a terrible dad, I would never give that up!

Nice!

My da would be proud of me -- I buy my own presents -- he was a "self-made man", so he'd approve.

Thanks guy's, he is diggin' it.
He had no idea he was getting it, and I told him it was a telescope when he first started to unwrap it.
But the label that I put on all of the cases detailing which guitar is inside kind of gave it away once the paper was off.
So for now, he is up to two PRS guitars.

Yeah Andy, it was hard to see it go.
I would almost be tempted to get one of these for myself since it plays so good, but I think I will hold off for a core Tremonti with a stoptail, unless Paul re-releases the SC250 with a pattern thin neck and stoptail :D
One can always hope...

I've got 2 of the semi-hollow Custom SEs. My view is that the later traditional 'F' Hole looks completely wrong for the body shape; The guitar is so much more attractive (to me) with the original slash f-hole. I realise it's a matter of personal taste; I went through 83 pages of PRS Guitars on Reverb yesterday, to find only one example of a slash model... What do people think?

That's a very reasonable point of view - and I'm sure you're right. The example you sent looks great (imho) - I'd be tempted, but I'm in the UK. I've modded one of mine by putting Iron Gear pickups on it, and 2 concentric Vol/Tone controls; t's great, but the factory version is pretty good as it is - I'm not sure that I've made a huge difference - though the added tonal control is nice....

I’ve been eyeballing one of these as a potential home for the 58\15s pickups I took out of the hollowbody. The newer ones have the wide/thin neck, but I kinda want the hard tail.

Back