New S2 Studio!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
I have gone round and round about this guitar. I already have a Vela and two Strats and a Tele. I can't figure out what a S2 Studio would bring that I can't already cover with my current instruments. I have a 2408 on order that should be arriving soon. I don't need an S2 Studio. I really don't.

I've played one for about two hours. I really want one.

It’s a really good sign to me, if you played one, know you don’t need it, but still want one. I’m afraid if I get to play one, I’ll feel the same way.

It’s a really good sign to me, if you played one, know you don’t need it, but still want one. I’m afraid if I get to play one, I’ll feel the same way.

You will. It’s a super fun guitar, and it provides a really amazing and original tone. The PRS D-style pickups are my favorite single coils.

I played the S2 studio back to back with my American Elite Strat (SSS). The S2 provides a broader frequency range of sound versus the Strat in every switch position. The Strat pickups (4th generation noiseless) have a much bigger mid-range cut than the S2. They’re also not quite as hot. The S2 pickups aren’t hot, but they push the amp more than the Strat pickups.

The ONLY reason I didn’t swap the Strat for the S2 Studio is the quack sounds I get out of the Strat in positions 2 and 4. This particular Strat RAELLY quacks. I definitely got some quack sounds from the S2 Studio, but the Strat is SO Stratty I can’t get that particular sound form a different guitar.

Overall I liked the S2 Studio better, but my Strat does the Strat sound far better. If I was limited to 1 or 2 guitars I’d go with the S2 Studio in a heartbeat.

(In my best Yoda voice), Weak this one he is.....

527005_1.jpg

Old thread here I know..Having an issue with my new S2 Studio. I get a very pronounced vibrating tone when I hit certain notes. If I put pressure on the pick guard, it diminishes. Seems like electronics or wiring vibrating in the cavity. Any other S2 owners getting this? Pretty frustrated and it makes the guitar useless for recording. I will be taking the pick guard off this weekend as a last resort.

Could it be a loose screw holding the pick guard on? Does it diminish when you press anywhere on the guard or primarily in one area? I'd try touching/pressing the various electronics as well, just to see what effect that has.

Tightened the screws on the pick guard, no change. Yes, when I press in the middle of the pick guard, it stops. I'm going to put some foam in there to try to fix it. Thanks for the reply.

Check the springs on the pickup. This was a problem I had on a tremonti SE Custom that had Mira pickups installed.

Do the vibrations become more apparent when you play up about the 12th fret and above on the bass side of the fretboard?

Do the vibrations become more apparent when you play up about the 12th fret and above on the bass side of the fretboard?

No. Particular "resonant" notes all over. For example hitting a note hard on the third fret second string (C). All the way up (again particular notes) all the way up the fretboard. Action is good, intonation is good.

If the foam doesnt help, I will make a video to demonstrate.

Tightened the screws on the pick guard, no change. Yes, when I press in the middle of the pick guard, it stops. I'm going to put some foam in there to try to fix it. Thanks for the reply.

Mine came with a piece of foam in the cavity under the bridge pup.

I
Old thread here I know..Having an issue with my new S2 Studio. I get a very pronounced vibrating tone when I hit certain notes. If I put pressure on the pick guard, it diminishes. Seems like electronics or wiring vibrating in the cavity. Any other S2 owners getting this? Pretty frustrated and it makes the guitar useless for recording. I will be taking the pick guard off this weekend as a last resort.
I have had similar on a strat... seems to just be a resonant frequency that makes the pickup mounting screws or whatever vibrate. When you take the guard off maybe stick some foam padding under the pickups?

No. Particular "resonant" notes all over. For example hitting a note hard on the third fret second string (C). All the way up (again particular notes) all the way up the fretboard. Action is good, intonation is good.

If the foam doesnt help, I will make a video to demonstrate.

Ok. I was going to suggest pickup, heights which was an issue I had with a set of single coils that were adjusted too high.

Hope you get it sorted.

Back