New McCarty pickups?

Nah, I'm in Vancouver B.C.
I'm shocked if Jack says they are 85/15.
You should go back and eyeball the pup covers for yourself if you can. I still don't believe it.
I’ll go up tomorrow and send some pics. I’m about positive I saw that on there while I was there which was what sent my mind off. That guitar was the sweetest piece I’ve ever played. Should be for the price but if I can get that out of a semi 594 I can get on for half the price and sell my 89 Strat Plus deluxe to recover most of my loss, I will definitely go that route. I played a hollow body 594 there that was blue purple and it was so much weaker in the sound that when I plugged the solid body in I was blown away. Does the semi have that weaker feel as well? Same amp, same settings, the solid pushed like no guitar I’ve ever played.

I can barely make it out, but it's there.

1000035464875dc243f85f3c30.jpg
Hard for me to see on that unfortunately. Will have to drive back up haha.

Especially if that info was not true about it being a rare one off.
It's definitely a dealer or wood library run with that flame maple neck, ebony board, and that beautiful top. But 8515 is a typo per the pics.. and I'm not saying a set doesn't exist in a private stock or something, but I've never seen a set of covered 8515.

I called and verified. He said it’s CC on the tag and it was a special build. One off type situation. Is there any other guitars that have those pups to save me 6k?
I have a McCarty, but also love the 85/15 pickups. The CE Model is a great...less expensive way to get into 85/15 pickups.....but of course its a different guitar than the 594. Trem, scale length, etc

I have a McCarty, but also love the 85/15 pickups. The CE Model is a great...less expensive way to get into 85/15 pickups.....but of course its a different guitar than the 594. Trem, scale length, etc
Yeah that’s the problem. Because when I played that 594, goodness gracious. That is the perfect guitar. Then splitting them to get some stratty tones. It sounds so good.

Looks like a nice axe, and I'd say the price is fairly average these days. Curious that he wants to trade for a singlecut version.
I can't put mine down!
Yeah I will likely snag this if that pick up thing shakes the way you guys are saying. Just can’t imagine him saying that whole bit if it wasn’t true. Also respecting the knowledge here and understand it could be a mistake. Does it make sense the full hollow body sounded weaker?

Yeah I will likely snag this if that pick up thing shakes the way you guys are saying. Just can’t imagine him saying that whole bit if it wasn’t true. Also respecting the knowledge here and understand it could be a mistake. Does it make sense the full hollow body sounded weaker?
My HB is not as full/hot as the singlecut semi hollow, but that may be partially due to pup height? Also, my HB is 2021, and the singlecut is 2019. Not sure if that matters pup wise...

I would think the maple neck and ebony board would have a significant effect on what you are hearing from the guitar you liked. Without playing it side by side with the semi-hollow on Facebook, you will not not know if it is worth the extra money to you. Don’t expect them to sound the same just because they have the same pickups.

I would think the maple neck and ebony board would have a significant effect on what you are hearing from the guitar you liked. Without playing it side by side with the semi-hollow on Facebook, you will not not know if it is worth the extra money to you. Don’t expect them to sound the same just because they have the same pickups.
Thanks I’m going to check fb one today.

Back