New McCarty pickups?

Lloyd676

I looked around but didn't see a discussion about this yet...the McCarty page on the PRS site lists the stock pickups as "McCarty LT" pickups. Does anyone know anything about these? At first I thought they just renamed the 58/15 LTs, but the 594s are still listed as having those...

I would assume they’re different somehow - unfortunately the new demo video doesn’t really address it either, other than to say that they are the McCarty LT’s.

Maybe an updated version of the original McCarty pickups?

Hmm. Yeah, definitely looks like a new take on the older McCarty pickup. The 594 models still indicate "58/15 LT" so this must be something different. As a lover of the original 25"-scale McCarty series, I'm definitely interested to learn about these.

I would agree with that.
I'm really tempted to swap out bridge PU. The middle position is almost as good as the neck position so I don't want to ruin that.

I tried 5310s in this guitar and didn't like em but I do have a covered 5708 to try so......if that doesn't work then I could throw a 5909 in it and call it a day!

Can someone please tell me which models have the 85/15s? I played this guitar today and I fell for it. Instantly. Like best guitar I ever played feel. I’m close to pulling the trigger. I want a 594 but would like that with the 85/15s vs the 58/15 lts. And the owner said this is a custom make? Never heard of that before is that commmon???

Can someone please tell me which models have the 85/15s? I played this guitar today and I fell for it. Instantly. Like best guitar I ever played feel. I’m close to pulling the trigger. I want a 594 but would like that with the 85/15s vs the 58/15 lts. And the owner said this is a custom make? Never heard of that before is that commmon???

A 594 with 85/15? Never heard of that. I suspect that's a typo on the website. And it's new, so I call BS unless it's a Private Stock, and the price is nowhere near PS money.

A 594 with 85/15? Never heard of that. I suspect that's a typo on the website. And it's new, so I call BS unless it's a Private Stock, and the price is nowhere near PS money.
I called and verified. He said it’s CC on the tag and it was a special build. One off type situation. Is there any other guitars that have those pups to save me 6k?

I called and verified. He said it’s CC on the tag and it was a special build. One off type situation. Is there any other guitars that have those pups to save me 6k?

Look closely at the pickup covers in the zoomed-in photos. Those are 58/15 LT pickups. Heck, has anyone ever seen an 85/15 that was covered like that? I don't think so.

It's an otherwise relatively normal 594 guitar from 2021... the kind that all had 58/15 LT pickups in 'em. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one--it's a typo. (It's also the exact kind of typo that explains why it was a terrible idea to have two vastly different pickups called "58/15" and "85/15" at the same time. Nobody can keep 'em straight.)

Look closely at the pickup covers in the zoomed-in photos. Those are 58/15 LT pickups. Heck, has anyone ever seen an 85/15 that was covered like that? I don't think so.

It's an otherwise relatively normal 594 guitar from 2021... the kind that all had 58/15 LT pickups in 'em. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one--it's a typo. (It's also the exact kind of typo that explains why it was a terrible idea to have two vastly different pickups called "58/15" and "85/15" at the same time. Nobody can keep 'em straight.)
Yeah, I tried zooming in but too fuzzy.

Yeah, I tried zooming in but too fuzzy.
I can barely make it out, but it's there.

1000035464875dc243f85f3c30.jpg

Back