New MannMadeUSA Trem

I feel like getting one just in case an S2 or something like that happens to follow me home from the store or show up with UPS one of these days...
... working hard on GAS control here.

I'm seriously considering one for my SE Tremonti Custom. I've already replaced the stock tuners for Mannmades, swapped the pickups for US Tremonti's, and switched to US PRS strap peg. I've been wanting to take it to my tech for a swap to a US PRS nut.....I might just have to have him install a new bridge and setup as well.

Actually, Rose Brass is considered a Bronze. There is a lot of blurring of the lines between different brasses and bronzes, but just think of bronze as being more copper/red colored and brass as being more gold colored. So, from a metallurgical point of view, they are very different.
Rose brass and yellow brass are the exact terms John used to describe the difference.

Oops. The 275.00 was installed.

IN-CORRECT !!!

The 2040 bridge is a 2 pc all brass bridge, nickel or gold plated. Basically the same unit that PRS refers to as their Gen II bridge.
We use polished saddles, instead of tumbled. Comes stock with stainless steel hardware, arm, claw, springs, mounting screws.
  • The NAMM show special (valid until the end of July) is as listed here .
  • If you buy a in stock CE24 from me, I'll give you the bridge, installed for free (valid until the end of July).
  • If you send me your guitar, you pay for the bridge and an installation charge of $75, or you can install it yourself, or have a local luthier perform the work for you.

Rose brass and yellow brass are the exact terms John used to describe the difference.

I never said "Rose Brass". That's not a term I am not familiar with here in the USA.
The grade of Brass is in the Red Brass family. I keep the specific grade confidential for obvious reasons...
It is harder and denser than Yellow Brass which is a commercially available grade.

Thanks again, John. I prefer to be corrected when I don`t hit the mark. If you google Rose brass, it is also used as a synonym for red brass, mostly by trumpet and trombone makers. As a big band guy, I used the terms interchangeably. I have a friend who makes trumpets by hand, and he always calls it rose brass. I`ll also tell you that I put the milcom trem on a a 25th anniversary SE Custom 24. After the part got broken in, it seems to have greater note definition than the S2 trem. Even though I like the S2 trem, yours is a leap up because of the unbelievably silky feel. I had it installed by Philtone music in Baltimore. Now I understand why people like it so much.

Last edited:
20 in stock!

http://guitarvaultusa.com/news/mann...rato-bridge-at-summer-namm-2017/#.WXEPR60UmUk

https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/MannMade_PRS_Vibrato_Gen_II_Bridge_p/2040.htm

Definitely digging the price.
Not sure about having the branding on it.
Hope the NOS2000 stays around too. I like the idea that that's the original design from back in the days.

Are the saddle and intonation screws brass though?
The saddle plating on my 2 NOS2000 seem to be holding up a bit better than the OG trem plating on my core.

The 2000NOS is NOT going away anytime soon. We are having some production issues that are being worked out. Unfortunately too slowly and at added costs (ugg).
But you will see them back in stock in the very near future B-)

Regarding brass screws... I might be persuaded to go that route if there is enough interest. What do ya'all think?

Thanks again, John. I prefer to be corrected when I don`t hit the mark. If you google Rose brass, it is also used as a synonym for red brass, mostly by trumpet and trombone makers. As a big band guy, I used the terms interchangeably. I have a friend who makes trumpets by hand, and he always calls it rose brass. I`ll also tell you that I put the milcom trem on a a 25th anniversary SE Custom 24. After the part got broken in, it seems to have greater note definition than the S2 trem. Even though I like the S2 trem, yours is a leap up because of the unbelievably silky feel. I had it installed by Philtone music in Baltimore. Now I understand why people like it so much.

I did not know that... I love learning something new. Thanks!

Aw, hell yes! I got a like from John on this! Holding my breath that it means there hope for another small batch of these!

Right?! Seriously, I think John should just make these part of his growing line of trems. I'd like to see the un-plated brass as a standard option in his line.. It's sofaking cool, and I'm telling you, with the exception of the Gen III trem, I have at least one of each trem from each vendor... and there is something about the MannMade/Milcom stuff that's unbeatable, in performance, tone, and feel.

After I get finished paying for other dumb sh!t, and get back to working on guitars, I want to reinstate my original plan of all Mann/Milcom trems and wings on every guitar where it's applicable. It is hands down the best system I've ever had.

Regarding brass screws... I might be persuaded to go that route if there is enough interest. What do ya'all think?

Yes. Brass the world, John. I personally want screws, saddles, pickup rings, and backplates... Sh!t, I'd even like a DC3 pick guard... and a Mira.

.... And how's the wing project going?

The 2000NOS is NOT going away anytime soon. We are having some production issues that are being worked out. Unfortunately too slowly and at added costs (ugg).
But you will see them back in stock in the very near future B-)

Mmmmm.... Braaaasssss.

We use polished saddles, instead of tumbled.

What's the difference between polished and tumbled?
Is it (part of) the reason why my core saddles show earlier tarnish than the MannMade saddles? Despite wiping after every play?

Sergio needs a bumper sticker that says Gas, Grass, Ass, or Brass. No One Rides For Free

il_570xN.1062036235_bqrb.jpg
(or brass)

Back