New Guitar Day: Private Stock 7 String Singlecut Tremolo in Smoked Dark Purple Glow

Curious what neck carve you went with. The longer scale length makes sense with the 7 strings, as does a full maple neck given the extra potential bass frequencies. I think a swamp ash body would have been too bright. Mahogany or Cedro (Spanish Cedar) sonically would work well for classic push in the lower mids. Stunning instrument! Nothing beats empirical research when determining your ideal specs!

Curious what neck carve you went with. The longer scale length makes sense with the 7 strings, as does a full maple neck given the extra potential bass frequencies. I think a swamp ash body would have been too bright. Mahogany or Cedro (Spanish Cedar) sonically would work well for classic push in the lower mids. Stunning instrument! Nothing beats empirical research when determining your ideal specs!
Methinks Wide Thin would win the gold.

Well folks following the incoming thread, it arrived a day early. Now isn't that a nice surprise?

What's there to say? Well, to begin with, this is my absolute dream guitar. A year after I started playing seven string (after 15 years of six) and fell in love with it, I knew it (7 String) was not a passing fad and I could make the bold move of speccing my dream Private Stock 7 String. I learnt a lot of lessons with the speccing of my first Private Stock, the 594 Tremolo Piezo and I also learnt a lot about what like in terms of pickups, scale lengths etc.

The specs are as follows. I will make a second video at a later date talking about why I made each choice.

Full thickness Singlecut Shape, Tremolo, Smoked Dark Purple Glow with Gold hardware, Bare Knuckle Aftermath neck, Juggernaut Bridge, 26.5 inch scale. 594 layout.
The body is mahogany, the neck and fretboard maple. The mahogany body was a must and as I played the guitar, I am glad. It has that Les Paul tone despite the scale length and 24 frets. Tonewood sceptics flame me, but I can never get that with a Swamp Ash body, as much as I love the look. However it is incredibly light and well balanced, further reminding one why one goes Private Stock.

Anyways without further ado, here are the pics and the arrival video.

P.S: I got the wife to unbox because (a) She is much better than me with anything to do with tools (b) Let's face it, more clicks. If I go through the effort of making a video, it's great to get more views

The Black Western Tolex Case beckons
YFf1yaa.jpeg

Inside lies a mighty beast
AcNV4gD.jpeg

Purple and Gold and a few things more
gBd6XC5.jpeg

Equally stunning from the back

B2UMk42.jpeg

Also, I haven't named the guitar yet. Suggestions welcome
Absolutely stunning my friend!!!

Love everything about it.

You are a fortunate man.

That is an amazing guitar. I am impressed with how you made it unique wit a cohesive design. Everything comes together perfectly. Congrats!

pattern thin 7 string neck. That’s the standard neck size.

That looks awesome. But how hard is it for them to make a production model with that bridge? Why are all the choices on the 7 string market either a Floyd or a fixed bridge?

That looks awesome. But how hard is it for them to make a production model with that bridge? Why are all the choices on the 7 string market either a Floyd or a fixed bridge?
Yeah that is my pet peeve with 7 strings also.
The first step for PRS would be to make a 7 string core. A trem would be a plus

Back