NEW DGT SE EXCITEMENT!

ANNNNNNNDDDDDDD, just like that there is a tobacco sunburst DGT SE with tracking added, heading my way. Had 0 plans for this one, but they made me an offer I couldn't refuse!
It arrived today, packed superbly, perfect condition, and in tune. I will give it a good workout and take some pics in the next couple days.

First impression is AWESOME!

I ordered a gold top though MF and used the 48mth 0% financing. It won't ship or be charged until Nov 2023. SE's are fantastic mod platforms.
Some Reverb music store offered me $810 for a Tobacco burst, by putting it on my watchlist, but my heart is set on a gold top.
Mine is too….. I get this feeling that the factory is having trouble duplicating the correct gold color… No proof, just a gut feel….

Looky here:
0a5jSgY.jpg

b5NRdJy.jpg

Yhx9K2Q.jpg

Mine is too….. I get this feeling that the factory is having trouble duplicating the correct gold color… No proof, just a gut feel….
You might be onto something because the Sunburst to Gold Top availability ratio seems to be way off. I would think that the Gold Top would have come out first since it was the model that David Grissom demonstrated with in the product videos and the same color that was used to spec the SE

You might be onto something because the Sunburst to Gold Top availability ratio seems to be way off. I would think that the Gold Top would have come out first since it was the model that David Grissom demonstrated with in the product videos and the same color that was used to spec the SE
The other reason I wanted the gold top was that there is no maple veneer and glue on top of the maple top…. wood is everything:eek::)

Last edited:
Finally got mine in. Took about 6 months, but the dealer gave me a good discount. Took the brothers out for a spin. Baby bro kept up pretty good.
A lot of bang for the buck with the SE model. Changed the knobs and waiting on locking tuners with ivory knobs. The pickups sound really good, so good that I may not change them
Also changed knobs - may I ask where the tuner buttons are coming from?

Back