my PRS CU22 with mods

andypwudtone

Happy New Year to all you PRS fans, count me in.

Bought this in autumn as a Les Paul replacement for playing Lizzy type music. I really do appreciate the better upper fret access compared to the handful of heel/neck on a Les paul. Indeed there are leads I just can't play on a Les Paul anymore that I can on this Custom 22 so it is well worth it just for that benefit. I took the poly off the maple cap and re-finished with some Azure Lagoon/ Dark onyx mic and also some Olympic Girl was used on the front areas to give a better contrast , kinda ice maiden look. Was a non ten top , came out better than I expected.

14682136_1267484953293591_4104985776482427511_o.jpg

The bridge and pickups have been replaced and it sounds like this. Has a lovely crunch / bite, excellent length of note etc.

May swap the nut for a bone one and get rid of some more of the poly on the neck at some point. Some of it has chipped off the edges of the rosewood board anyway ( really don't see the need for it to be on the edges of a rosewood board) . Very much looking forward to gigging some lizzy type tunes with it.
kind regards

Happy New Year to all you PRS fans, count me in.

Bought this in autumn as a Les Paul replacement for playing Lizzy type music. I really do appreciate the better upper fret access compared to the handful of heel/neck on a Les paul. Indeed there are leads I just can't play on a Les Paul anymore that I can on this Custom 22 so it is well worth it just for that benefit. I took the poly off the maple cap and re-finished with some Azure Lagoon/ Dark onyx mic and also some Olympic Girl was used on the front areas to give a better contrast , kinda ice maiden look. Was a non ten top , came out better than I expected.

14682136_1267484953293591_4104985776482427511_o.jpg

The bridge and pickups have been replaced and it sounds like this. Has a lovely crunch / bite, excellent length of note etc.

May swap the nut for a bone one and get rid of some more of the poly on the neck at some point. Some of it has chipped off the edges of the rosewood board anyway ( really don't see the need for it to be on the edges of a rosewood board) . Very much looking forward to gigging some lizzy type tunes with it.
kind regards

Hottie! Congrats!

Back