My First PRS On The Way

I gave my little brother (now 59) a good electric guitar when he was 11. He has made a good living as a pro around the Cleveland area and has been bass with Colin Dussault Blues Project for a long time. He and his wife, a nurse ( a very good nurse) have had a good life and educated 2 girls.

Congratulations, Paul. Your mom is very special. When you play her, remain strong onstage and humble off stage. Ans as my best friend used to say- LOUD AND PROUD.

Thanks again, everybody!! :D

I'll seriously take into consideration all advice given, but I will definitely take care of the beloved guitar and be thankful to have such a supportive mother.

If there's one thing I know, is that this wonderful guitar will never leave me.

Thanks, all!! Totally stoked by this axe and touring with it!! :rock:

Dave, I think I'm gonna call her #1, as probably once I graduate High School next year, I'm probably going to save up through work for something I bought, which will probably be a HBII, and she'll be #2.

I'll remember to post pics, I'm probably gonna do a photo shoot with her too. :proud:

Good for you. I've been playing for 45 years and have collected a few and named everyone of them.

This might be what you have to look forward to down the road.

Dave from Edmonton

Nothing to be ashamed of with your mom buying the guitar - that's belief in you. That can go a long way.

Best of luck with everything - and ask your mom if she wants to adopt an old guy.

Good for you. I've been playing for 45 years and have collected a few and named everyone of them.

This might be what you have to look forward to down the road.

Dave from Edmonton

Very Nice !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! No shame...my dad bought me many a guitar. My first PRS was inadvertently bought by him as well.

Thanks again, everyone!! Makes me feel better about it hearing all of these great relations to being given a guitar. I'm ecstatic!!

So, unfortunately the band is no more. We were on different skill levels and the other members were not as dedicated. One of the members left us for another band and after that our singer left. That left two of us and it wasn't much my vibe or style. I just decided to have us disband. I'm eventually going to post ads on my favorite band's musician's pages in their forums to seek bandmates.

Well, at least I'm getting my dream axe before then. ;)

I guess some things just work out for the best.

You know, we have little control over most things, but at least you have control over what you do and now you can work on your chops with a heavenly axe to inspire and delight until the next group emerges.

Cheers.

So, unfortunately the band is no more. We were on different skill levels and the other members were not as dedicated. One of the members left us for another band and after that our singer left. That left two of us and it wasn't much my vibe or style. I just decided to have us disband. I'm eventually going to post ads on my favorite band's musician's pages in their forums to seek bandmates.

You should just go the Jack white route... Fire your bassist and marry your sister... Hop on YouTube and check out 20 watt tombstone(formerl. "The goddamns") they are a 2 person band from rural Wisconsin. Very cool vibe and much less chance for drama.

Well, where you located? Maybe someone on the forum would be interested in forming a band with you. Or knows someone looking for a young-gun guitarist. Not everyone here is a doctor, lawyer or dentist ready to retire in five years...

:vroam:

Not that I'm all that young, I'm probably older than your Mom...but I still gig regularly!

Well, where you located? Maybe someone on the forum would be interested in forming a band with you. Or knows someone looking for a young-gun guitarist. Not everyone here is a doctor, lawyer or dentist ready to retire in five years...

:vroam:

Not that I'm all that young, I'm probably older than your Mom...but I still gig regularly!

I'll definitely post here!

I'm located in central New Jersey, just outside of NYC. I just have to wait for my license which should be in a couple of months. My biggest influences are Incubus, 311, Alice In Chains, Alter Bridge/Tremonti, Tool, Soundgarden, Bob Marley, Foo Fighters, RATM, Audioslave, that kind of thing. I'd like to try to start a band that I can express myself the most in as well as have dedicated members.

Soon... soon. :proud:

Back