My First PRS On The Way

Paul Rose

Well, finally, after many years since I first started playing when I was 5, I am getting a PRS. I'm 17, and am going to be touring for the first time this summer. Unfortunately, my Mom ended up paying for this one, which is kind of shameful to me (don't scold me:bawling:). I do have the best one in the world, I often feel.

Anyways, she's a 2013 Custom 24 in Faded Blue, 57/08s, non 10-top but very figured. Got her on a mega clearance discount. :D

Since 2001, when I first heard Incubus' Morning View album, I have been a PRS/Boogie guy. I've got the Boogies, and the only thing missing for me was the PRS sound.

She's coming home within about a month. I still don't know what to name her. :dontknow:

Last edited:
You have a great mom, the waiting is hard but she will be worth it
don't forget to post some pics with your NGD or it didn't happen :)
Congrats are in order I believe ...

You have a great mom, the waiting is hard but she will be worth it
don't forget to post some pics with your NGD or it didn't happen :)
Congrats are in order I believe ...

Thanks, dude!! Should be sometime around next month! Can't wait! :eek:

Nothing to be ashamed of at all my friend! I received a pretty cool Les Paul as a gift from my folks when I was your age, so I can imagine how beyond stoked you must be! That will always be a special guitar for you.....regardless of what else you get in the future. I say future, because PRS's are addicting. :)

Congrats. Better name her #1 as you only get one "First One"

Dave from Edmonton

Thanks, all!! Totally stoked by this axe and touring with it!! :rock:

Dave, I think I'm gonna call her #1, as probably once I graduate High School next year, I'm probably going to save up through work for something I bought, which will probably be a HBII, and she'll be #2.

I'll remember to post pics, I'm probably gonna do a photo shoot with her too. :proud:

Great guitar, my first was also a blue CU24... Name it after your mom, maybe if she has a cute nick name or such.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Your mom is just being supportive. My daughter got her first American prs a couple months ago. I can tell you, as a parent doing this it's an investment in your future and worth every cent. Take care of it and make it sing! No matter how rough life gets or where your interests lead you don't ever even consider letting it go. Don't lend it out. Put it away if you are having a party. Protect it. The day will come when it will be your most cherished possession most likely. A piece of your mom that you can have your entire life.

I agree on name- after your Mom in some form! I can recall Christmas 1965, when my parents had a Guild D-40 under the tree for me- 3 digit serial number from Brooklyn/Hoboken. I do not have that guitar now, but still have a D 40 from Westerly.

Let's see...started play guitar at age 5 ....in a band that is going to tour while in your teens..... Sounds like the bios of a few very famous guitar players that I know.

Enjoy your new CU 24 guitar & thank your mom.

Your Mom is most awesome! My parents were very non-plussed by my guitar playing as a teenager, and did not really support my hobby at all. Last year, after playing for over thirty years, my Mom finally admitted I sounded "pretty good". Yeesh.

Thank your Mom every chance you get, and love and cherish both the guitar and your Mom.

Congrats Paul.

I second Raven17's suggestion to name it in some way after your Mom ;p

Cheers.

Back