My band story

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
My are the run of the mill stories. Man likes woman guitar player so much so that he steps into said studio to start chatting and then the harasses woman into going for a drink. I kept on saying NO means NO but then he got grabby trying to touch me . I had my cowboy boots I let them fly where the sun don’t shine. Picked up my gear and left.
Hmmm, I doubt if that "deleted user" guy ever had to deal with that one. :D:D

@Lola ’s story made me think back to my early 20’s. There were a couple of bar bands and sound and lights folks that were all pretty tight. We’d work each others shows depending on size of venue and stuff. The bands would sometimes share the bill at shows. This was late 70’s and early 80’s, back when the $500 or $600 payout was actually real money. Anyway, I was helping rig lights and run cables for the other light person, a small Tomboy nicknamed “Killer” for reasons that will become clear. She and I both had 12” crescent wrenches that we had attached to a belt loop with a chain and carabiner. They were for adjusting the par cans and fresnel lights on the light trusses. There were 3 or 4 guys at the bar getting drunk. Killer was up on a ladder with her rear end about eye level. One of the drunk guys walks by Killer’s ladder, and made the poor choice to pinch her in the rear. She was stretched up with her arm and crescent wrench above her head, tightening a par can. Without a yelp, gasp or flinch, she swung her arm holding the wrench down full force and hit the drunk guy in the head and knocked him unconscious. It was a complete reflex action. As I recall there was a short band guys vs. drunk guys standoff that ended when the drunk guys figured out they were outnumbered, and drunk.

Last edited:
As Nancy Wilson has proven for years, nothing is hotter than a hot woman that rocks. According to a friend/client of mine, “any good looking woman in a band has to expect to be hit on relentlessly.”

Before anyone gets offended, he’s the rhythm guitar player in a band and his wife is the singer and bass player. He said they both expect it and so they’re prepared to handle it.

As Nancy Wilson has proven for years, nothing is hotter than a hot woman that rocks. According to a friend/client of mine, “any good looking woman in a band has to expect to be hit on relentlessly.”

Before anyone gets offended, he’s the rhythm guitar player in a band and his wife is the singer and bass player. He said they both expect it and so they’re prepared to handle it.
I draw the line at ppl touching me inappropriately! I don’t care who you are I will not stand for this. Keep your f*cking hands off of me!

Back