MT15 Hiss Issue

Looks like my original 6L6 power tubes are still there so they must have replaced some pre amp tubes. Other than that they said “We replaced some noisy tubes, and some internal components that were exacerbating some of the operating noise. The power tubes were re-biased and the amp tested within the normal parameters. We are confident that the noise level will be much lower for you and will work to ship it back ASAP.”

So not sure exactly what else they changed but whatever it was did the trick.

Amp is definitely more quiet now. I couldn’t turn it up too much but it didn’t give me any uncontrollable feedback so I’d say it’s fixed!
Could you make another video like the last one so that we can see/hear the difference, at approx. the same settings.
I tried the same knob positions like on your video but forgot that I changed the knob position so that the pointer is at 6 o’clock when at 0.

No nothings changed cable wise. I have two speaker cables so I tried both of those and got the same thing. I have a spare pre amp tube so I tried that in each position and nothing changed there either. Here’s a video of what it’s doing.
Did you get the amp back? A
Amp is definitely more quiet now. I couldn’t turn it up too much but it didn’t give me any uncontrollable feedback so I’d say it’s fixed!
Can we see a demo video of the repaired amp hiss?

Did you get the amp back? A

Can we see a demo video of the repaired amp hiss?
Here’s a video of it after I got it back. This is without anything in the input. The biggest difference is with the guitar plugged in. Before I was getting squealing as soon as I turned the volume up at all, now it’s back to the way it was when I first bought it.

Here’s a video of it after I got it back. This is without anything in the input. The biggest difference is with the guitar plugged in. Before I was getting squealing as soon as I turned the volume up at all, now it’s back to the way it was when I first bought it.
Glad to see you got your beast back ... but I honestly did not notice much of a difference when watching the two videos. It must be more evident when listening live. Wish you many happy strums :cool:

Back