Moving With Lots of Guitars / Gear

Years ago, I had a business idea that I was too busy to ever pursue. I've thought about it often since, but would need capital, etc. I won't say exactly what it is, as I haven't completely given up on the idea, but it would be most useful in this circumstance.

Years ago, I had a business idea that I was too busy to ever pursue. I've thought about it often since, but would need capital, etc. I won't say exactly what it is, as I haven't completely given up on the idea, but it would be most useful in this circumstance.
DTR, I don't know that stealing people's guitars while they are moving would pan out well for you?!

I've only recently been building up my gear collection, after losing most of it in 2014 [long story]. Since then, I've amassed a good deal of gear: 13 guitars, 4 basses, a handful of keyboards, 2 drum sets, and other peripherals.

I already have hard cases for the drums and sturdy boxes for the keyboards. My concern is with the guitars. Most of them have some hard cases that are really good, yet others have bags. One of the guitars would probably need a custom case made for it, so I'm open for advice on that.

Has anyone here had to move a big guitar collection? I hope to be moving in a few months, and this will be my first time moving this many guitars. I'm considering selling some of the cheaper ones.

Any advice is welcome.

EDIT: Yes, we will be hiring professional Affordable Movers Near Me for everything else.
Hello. How does everyone keep the guitar stationary while changing chords? What I mean is when I change chords, the guitar necks move away from my body. Its a small amount at times(and sometimes its a larger movement) but it still affects my playing. Am I holding the body of guitar to tightly? or am I holding the neck incorrectly? I'm sure this is a rookie mistake and an odd question but I am to be more fluid with playing. This seems to slow down my playing.

My Dad and I moved mine in 2 vehicles and drove from San Francisco to Atlanta .. all arrived safe and serious memories..

Yeah, I wouldn't let the pro movers touch the guitars, I mean, nobody will be as careful (or more careful) than you and they don't have the logic to pack super fragile stuff like that. Most pro movers are barely trustworthy with packing a 70inch 8k TV let alone music instruments that could crush easily.

Yeah, I wouldn't let the pro movers touch the guitars, I mean, nobody will be as careful (or more careful) than you and they don't have the logic to pack super fragile stuff like that. Most pro movers are barely trustworthy with packing a 70inch 8k TV let alone music instruments that could crush easily.
When we moved a couple years ago, and I was going through the house with the original moving estimator, we came to my guitar room. I said, "I won't have you move these", pointing to my guitars on their hangers on the wall. He replied, "that's fine. We wouldn't touch those anyway."

When we moved a couple years ago, and I was going through the house with the original moving estimator, we came to my guitar room. I said, "I won't have you move these", pointing to my guitars on their hangers on the wall. He replied, "that's fine. We wouldn't touch those anyway."
That's how it's supposed to be but not all people will be so smart lol

Back