Mods to Custom 22 questions.

They aren’t my thing. If I did it over I’d choose something different.

What didn't you like about them?

I really like them. I also happen to be a huge Mark Holcomb fan too so I like that sort of sound. I was going from 58/15 so it was a very noticeable difference for high gain tones.

Nice!! I am a Holcomb fan as well, and also have really liked SDs other "prog metal" offerings I've tried. Had a nazgul/sentient set in a 7 string years ago, and currently have a Pegasus in my LP

What didn't you like about them?

Nice!! I am a Holcomb fan as well, and also have really liked SDs other "prog metal" offerings I've tried. Had a nazgul/sentient set in a 7 string years ago, and currently have a Pegasus in my LP

I shy away from SDs as a whole.

The A&Os are fine if you like Holcomb or Periphery then sure use them.

I finally got around to getting pics with the swap to Alpha/Omega pickups, black pickup rings, Hipshot O-Ring knobs and Ebony tuner buttons.

x1yyyid

Looks great!!

I wish they offered one with a cover, oh well Philodelphia luthier supply to the rescue!

Someone just told me that the omega is basically a higher output Pegasus which sounds perfect

Looking into these now as well!
The reviews seem good on those too. I believe there are a couple of comparison videos on YouTube comparing A/O vs S/S.

Not sure if you’re totally set on having Duncans but if you don’t mind spending a bit more you could check out some similar offerings from Bare Knuckle. You can order those customized with different types of covers and finishes and etchings. In my PRS I have the Alpha/Omega and in my Jackson I have BK Juggernauts. Both are excellent.

The reviews seem good on those too. I believe there are a couple of comparison videos on YouTube comparing A/O vs S/S.

Not sure if you’re totally set on having Duncans but if you don’t mind spending a bit more you could check out some similar offerings from Bare Knuckle. You can order those customized with different types of covers and finishes and etchings. In my PRS I have the Alpha/Omega and in my Jackson I have BK Juggernauts. Both are excellent.

I ended up ordering a Scourge today, should be fun

Hey, if you don’t want the 58/15 pups, pm me…maybe we can work something out.

Not sure if you mean me; but it’s an S2 so it’s the “S” version of the pickup. But if that is what you’re after let’s talk!

Ok. I ordered the black rings and Ebony tuner buttons to go with the alpha and omega pickups. I also installed the black Hipshot o-ring vol/tone knobs. Just waiting for the parts to arrive.
I'd like to see a pic of those oring knobs

Back