Missing PRS saddle intonation screw

I dont think the screw is stripped, the guy above made a fair point that with my high E it does sit at the very edge so it's reasonable it may pop off. I tightened it a bit extra at the loss of a minor amount of intonation to keep it in there rather than losing it entirely.

For some weird reason one of my intonation screws on my 305 fell out and decided to hide from me forever. Is there a replacement screw/spring I can get by itself?

I'm hoping that one of these can be a direct replacement...
https://www.allparts.com/bridge-saddle-length-screws

Any help? Thanks!
The intonation screws on the USA tremolo bridges are #4-40 x 5/8" and 3/4" for the high 'e'. At some point in the later 2010s, the changed to athe longer screw for the high 'e' saddle. Either they needed to provide longer travel for proper intonation or - just as likely, based on multiple accounts - people were losing their intonation screw from the high 'e' saddle, due it being maxed-out.

Also, for many years, PRS used stainless steel intonation screws, springs, and saddle height grub screws. PRS changed their stock bridges and their bridge update kit to include raw brass intonation screws, springs, and grub screws. They say it's for tone transfer, but it could easily have been to lower production costs (based on some research, raw brass threaded fittings may cost 20% less to produce than plated steel).

Mine fell out (somewhere) recently after restringing and resetting the intonation and only playing for a few hours. Luckily, I have already purchased a new set of screws, springs, etc.... However, in all of my years playing guitar I have NEVER had this happen with any of them - no matter what make or model, or style of bridge/saddle configuration. Shame on you PRS for even thinking that this little inconvenience is acceptable regardless of price. This must be an intrinsic problem if there are so many instances of the same issue across the board.

Mine fell out (somewhere) recently after restringing and resetting the intonation and only playing for a few hours. Luckily, I have already purchased a new set of screws, springs, etc.... However, in all of my years playing guitar I have NEVER had this happen with any of them - no matter what make or model, or style of bridge/saddle configuration. Shame on you PRS for even thinking that this little inconvenience is acceptable regardless of price. This must be an intrinsic problem if there are so many instances of the same issue across the board.

Murphy's Law states: If anything can go wrong, it will

Murphy's Law states: If anything can go wrong, it will
Well, none of my guitars have spontaneously combusted like a spinal tap drummer yet at least.
I agree I’ve had guitars with all sorts of bridges and find it weird this happens but I guess if every PRS has this issue and some other guitars with the high E i can kinda see it (considering the screw is barely holding on after intonation fixes). But it makes me wonder why not compenstae for it somehow at that price range, especially BECAUSE they know the problem exists and it’s obviously common.

Back