Missing PRS saddle intonation screw

Maybe it's the universe telling you to buy an update kit? https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/product_p/acc-4040.htm

That first set of steel ones on the Allparts page are probably alright, though.

Thanks for the link. This will be my fall back. I'm gonna try the steel allparts one first.

Let me guess, it's gold and it's on the high E string?
Mine is silver on the high E.

prs_305_powder.jpg

Let me guess, it's gold and it's on the high E string?
So weird, this exact thing happened to me last week, but not gold, it's silver or stainless or whatever. So strange tho, just sitting on a stand, and the screw and spring popped off and vanished forever...

I went a bought a screw at the local big hardware store. The screw is a #4-40, I used a 1/2 inch which worked well. My high E string screw went missing. I had emailed PRS and they recommended buying a whole kit. I bought a little box of screws instead for $2.

I have a month old Custom 24 and last night the high e intonation screw evaporated. Found the spring will a #4-40 screw mentioned above fit the saddle on a CU 24? There seem to be plenty of silver sky screws available but having difficulty confirming the right screw. Any help appreciated!

Peace!

My high E intonation screw backed out of my Custom 24 as well. What is up with that?

Mine just this morning was sticking halfway out as well! Mine is gold and on the high e too, its a brand new instrument too. I tightened it for now but im wondering if its a common enough problem how do we resolve it…

Drop of clear nail polish should take care of it. It'll lock it in place for a bit, but it's easy enough to break that seal. And even after it's broken, the additional bit of material should help keep it from vibrating loose.

Drop of clear nail polish should take care of it. It'll lock it in place for a bit, but it's easy enough to break that seal. And even after it's broken, the additional bit of material should help keep it from vibrating loose.

TWS…..

So its just normal and not a defect a new screw or spring can fix for example? Ill do it if i have to but Im a bit bummed because i thought we were paying thousands for a level of quality and detail we don’t get with cheaper guitars in the core models. This doesn’t really inspire confidence for me as my first PRS guitar.

So its just normal and not a defect a new screw or spring can fix for example? Ill do it if i have to but Im a bit bummed because i thought we were paying thousands for a level of quality and detail we don’t get with cheaper guitars in the core models. This doesn’t really inspire confidence for me as my first PRS guitar.
Super common for a lot of guitars with individual saddles like that. The high E is usually the farthest out for intonations sake, and is held on with the least amount of threads.

Back