McSoaparina in the Wild

GADonis

Beautifully Broken
HAHLVk3.jpg

Here is a shot from last weekend. This picture is jam packed with drama, action, and pathos. Plus, you can't see the drummer's face. :D Drummer's wife took the picture so that's all on her. Personally, I think he's never looked better. I've decided with this band I'm going to play my 594, but this bar has no stage, no room for a stand, a brick floor, and I'm standing right next to the very large entrance door. I consider it a good night if a beer doesn't get dumped onto my pedal board or nobody falls into the mic stand. So the 594 stays home for this venue. The McSoaporina is already in "player" condition, so a couple more dings and scratches won't cause me too much grief.

I'm pretty much a permanent, temp fill-in until they find a full time guitar player. So yeah, the gig is pretty much mine if I want to commit full time. Anyway, the cool thing is the bass player is from Chicago and he's played with pretty much everybody on the who is who list of Chicago Blues. He spent quite a bit of time in Magic Slim's band. This band does more variety than my full time band, which is becoming a part time band lately. In addition to Blues we do some Soul, R&B, and even some Rock-n-Roll.

Love it! That Soapy is right at home in that environment.

And it was sounding great. For this band I'm using my J Rockett Blue Note on most of the time set pretty dirty. Then when I want to get really dirty I kick on The Dude. I bought a wah (Crybaby Mini) for this band. Still learning how to use it. Last time I had a wah, my amp and pedals got stolen about 3 months later. We'll see if the Universe can tolerate me having a wah. If this amp gets stolen I'll turn into Liam Neeson from Taken.

HAHLVk3.jpg

Here is a shot from last weekend. This picture is jam packed with drama, action, and pathos. Plus, you can't see the drummer's face. :D Drummer's wife took the picture so that's all on her. Personally, I think he's never looked better. I've decided with this band I'm going to play my 594, but this bar has no stage, no room for a stand, a brick floor, and I'm standing right next to the very large entrance door. I consider it a good night if a beer doesn't get dumped onto my pedal board or nobody falls into the mic stand. So the 594 stays home for this venue. The McSoaporina is already in "player" condition, so a couple more dings and scratches won't cause me too much grief.

I'm pretty much a permanent, temp fill-in until they find a full time guitar player. So yeah, the gig is pretty much mine if I want to commit full time. Anyway, the cool thing is the bass player is from Chicago and he's played with pretty much everybody on the who is who list of Chicago Blues. He spent quite a bit of time in Magic Slim's band. This band does more variety than my full time band, which is becoming a part time band lately. In addition to Blues we do some Soul, R&B, and even some Rock-n-Roll.
Great pic, and sweet guitar!

Ok so are we all changing our names now @László and @Louguitar ??

Should I be Álnûs Rübræ ??
Took me a minute to figure out what the hell you were talking about! I think I will stick with mine as is considering my language (Luna) would require me to remove your tongue in order to pronounce it properly!! Congrats to the Les and Lou crew for the new namearoo!!!

I've been getting some REALLY weird emails. I decided to redo my online presence. Seemed prudent.
So sorry to hear that you have to deal with that; hard to be too careful. You put out some really creative, helpful content & I use some of your kit as a, partly aspirational, buying guide including an UA Apollo FireWire/TB3 and an incoming Soapie.

But no rebranding here. Haven't been present long enough anyway.

So sorry to hear that you have to deal with that; hard to be too careful. You put out some really creative, helpful content & I use some of your kit as a, partly aspirational, buying guide including an UA Apollo FireWire/TB3 and an incoming Soapie.

But no rebranding here. Haven't been present long enough anyway.
I'm so glad you like my posts!

I'm not worthy, but never mind that! ;)

Back