Maple Cap

You have a great top on that guitar.... ask your friend if mine has a dead spot........ and it's PS...

42631165_10212772564932988_4885226322231558144_o.jpg

No, it does not.

Core due to the inconsistency...and better looking than a homogeneous perfectly uniform 10-top! It's a looker for sure.

Core due to the inconsistency...and better looking than a homogeneous perfectly uniform 10-top! It's a looker for sure.

Last night i was looking at private stocks and modern eagles because i wanted to see how black or wooden pickup rings and ebony tuner buttons look on CU24 and i saw a lot of guitars with these "Stripes" its funny because i havent see any core or top 10 with it.. how can it be good for PS or eagles but not for top 10? I know its not really important but im curious about how the guys at PRS choose their tops

For example:

ECDfVw6.jpg

Hello people, i wonder how would you "Grade" this maple top, i love it but i have a "Discusion" with my friends and id like to hear your opinions, please base your opinion on the top only, not hardware or inlays, would you say its a core, top 10, artist, wood library?

z2ovPykr.jpg
I would grade wood library. Those are not deadspots - they’re extra wide flame! It’s a unique top which changes from tight to extra wide flame.

Dead spot. This was supposed to be a Collection grade top! I’m so mad about getting conned I want my money back!!! :p
PELTySA.jpg

But it’s also true that consistent flame can be unbeatable in artistic beauty. So the straight laced crowd is not wrong too.

It’s the individual top.
collection_electric_2014a.jpg

Mostly, this dude is right!
Paul_Reed_Smith.jpg

10 tops are about uniformity.

Wood library and private stock guitars are about distinctiveness.

Those are not the same thing.

Sometimes the person picking the wood library or private stock top will think it's spectacular because of quirks of figuring even though some other people would look at it and say there are dead spots.

Dead spot. This was supposed to be a Collection grade top! I’m so mad about getting conned I want my money back!!! :p
PELTySA.jpg

But it’s also true that consistent flame can be unbeatable in artistic beauty. So the straight laced crowd is not wrong too.

It’s the individual top.
collection_electric_2014a.jpg

Mostly, this dude is right!
Paul_Reed_Smith.jpg
Wow is that PS? Its beautiful... and that fretboard look reaaaally nice, you guys have amazing guitars, here in Spain they are so expensive...

10 tops are about uniformity.

Wood library and private stock guitars are about distinctiveness.

Those are not the same thing.

Sometimes the person picking the wood library or private stock top will think it's spectacular because of quirks of figuring even though some other people would look at it and say there are dead spots.
Yeah i think im starting to understand how that works its really insteresting to me

Wow is that PS? Its beautiful... and that fretboard look reaaaally nice, you guys have amazing guitars, here in Spain they are so expensive...
If you’re referring to the first picture, yessir it belongs to a run from the past called the Collection Series.

The other two pictures, I wish they were mine for me to answer for. :p

Wow your guitar is beautiful! I love those inlays and usually i dont like matching headstocks but that one looks amazing

I'll have to admit, it's one of the best matching headstocks I've ever owned/seen in person. I'm sure there are better ones out there, but I've
never owned anything quite like this PS 2012 PRS Experience 408. I fell in love with those crazy wavy chevron flames below the bridge
as soon as I saw the picks on Reverb.com. Next thing I know, I'm raking $6k+ out the bank... The bride wore me out for THAT one!
LoL!!! o_O

I'll have to admit, it's one of the best matching headstocks I've ever owned/seen in person. I'm sure there are better ones out there, but I've
never owned anything quite like this PS 2012 PRS Experience 408. I fell in love with those crazy wavy chevron flames below the bridge
as soon as I saw the picks on Reverb.com. Next thing I know, I'm raking $6k+ out the bank... The bride wore me out for THAT one!
LoL!!! o_O
Haha but im sure it was worth it

I bought some custom parts for the guitar, tuner knobs, pot knobs and pickup frames from crazyparts. I bought 3 ebony knobs and received this ones... do you think they are all ebony? Thats what crazyparts replied to me
PouI5rG.jpg

Ebony isn’t always jet black, unless it’s been dyed. The color looks like some Macassar ebony knobs I bought years ago to put on a G guitar that I later sold. Yes, it had a jet black ebony fingerboard that would stain my fingers by the third set. I wanted to dump the damn thing in the ocean after struggling for 22 years and 2 fret jobs.

I bought some custom parts for the guitar, tuner knobs, pot knobs and pickup frames from crazyparts. I bought 3 ebony knobs and received this ones... do you think they are all ebony? Thats what crazyparts replied to me
PouI5rG.jpg
As mentioned, ebony can have some lighter coloration - it was the purest black that was sought after, but most ebony is not so pure black. Curiously though, it looks like one of your knobs has the end-grain facing (on the top), vs side grain on the other two (like you'd see on a fret board). Weird.

Incredible book matched top! So much going on there. Flame, bit of fiddleback, bit of curly, pinstripe...whew!

Back