Looking for an old friend

Madison Bunting

Hello all, new to the forum....

I'm sure we all have these stories...

In 1995, when I was sixteen, I saved up enough $$ to buy a then-new CE1 (Ce-24) in black. A couple years later, like a total moron, I traded it in for a USA Strat.

Years later (like 2014 or something), going through some of my old stuff in my parents attic, I came across the tag that was attached to the guitar! Eureka!

I've scoured the interwebs for any hint of its existence (found none after a 2-year search), I contacted PRS to see if they had any records (I had never filled out the warranty info so I figured whoever bought it would have) but they were unable to help. So I thought I'd try the forums.

Model: CE1 BL (ce 24)
Gloss Black with the maple trim, rosewood fretboard, matching headstock, rotary switch
Serial # 5711647
HFS and Vintage Pickups
It was originally bought and returned to Thompson Music Center in Lewes, DE (since closed)

Let me be clear: I'm not trying outright to buy the guitar back; if the current owner has it and loves it, then great. I would never get between a person and their guitar. I'm mainly curious, regretful, and have always wanted to track it down. However, if it is available for purchase, then lets start a dialogue!

Any help in this quest would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Madison Bunting
Gayle Guitar Co.
Wilmington NC

Hello all, new to the forum....

I'm sure we all have these stories...

In 1995, when I was sixteen, I saved up enough $$ to buy a then-new CE1 (Ce-24) in black. A couple years later, like a total moron, I traded it in for a USA Strat.

Years later (like 2014 or something), going through some of my old stuff in my parents attic, I came across the tag that was attached to the guitar! Eureka!

I've scoured the interwebs for any hint of its existence (found none after a 2-year search), I contacted PRS to see if they had any records (I had never filled out the warranty info so I figured whoever bought it would have) but they were unable to help. So I thought I'd try the forums.

Model: CE1 BL (ce 24)
Gloss Black with the maple trim, rosewood fretboard, matching headstock, rotary switch
Serial # 5711647
HFS and Vintage Pickups
It was originally bought and returned to Thompson Music Center in Lewes, DE (since closed)

Let me be clear: I'm not trying outright to buy the guitar back; if the current owner has it and loves it, then great. I would never get between a person and their guitar. I'm mainly curious, regretful, and have always wanted to track it down. However, if it is available for purchase, then lets start a dialogue!

Any help in this quest would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Madison Bunting
Gayle Guitar Co.
Wilmington NC
similar thing happened to me but I was older and even dumber.

I read an article a year or two ago about Billy Corgan from Smashing Pumpkins searching for a particular strat that was stolen from him back in the early 90s. It turned out it was bought by a midwestern couple who didn't play guitar, and instead hung it as wall art in their basement for something like 20 years.

Hopefully yours isn't also hanging on a wall in a basement somewhere!

Also, and I'm not being paid to say this, but PRS has made lots of kickass guitars between 1991 and now.

Or maybe hope it is hanging in a basement somewhere just like the day you parted..

Good luck on your hunt! I've done this quest for cars but never guitars. I would totally do it for one and maybe a couple others that I'd never part with.

I read an article a year or two ago about Billy Corgan from Smashing Pumpkins searching for a particular strat that was stolen from him back in the early 90s. It turned out it was bought by a midwestern couple who didn't play guitar, and instead hung it as wall art in their basement for something like 20 years.

Hopefully yours isn't also hanging on a wall in a basement somewhere!

Also, and I'm not being paid to say this, but PRS has made lots of kickass guitars between 1991 and now.

I think you meant to say 85 and now,!!!!

Update: The current owner saw this thread and contacted me. Its been in a good home for the past 15 years. I can finally stop scouring the interwebs and find inner peace.
Wow that's an amazing story! Congrats on finding it.

I had a quilt top CE24 from '98 that I sold to fund a house purchase .. I know where it is what who has it. Maybe someday it will return my way.

Back