Is PRS gonna release a Vernon Reid model?

cwgatti

I think it would be great for PRS to release a PRS Vernon Reid sig.
I would love to buy a mid-range Floyd equiped guitar. I have a Wood Library Floyd CU24 now.
Just seems like I don't need flamed maple top and it would probably appeal to a large group of players that could get a PRS Floys at what should be a great value.

Thoughts?

Check out his guitar rig video on You Tube. Maybe one of the most complicated rig I have ever seen. I like the old rainbow Hamer.

Just saw them again on Dec. 30 - super intimate show at Chicago's City Winery.

Vernon played a normal-bodied (non-Vela) PRS thru most of the set, switching to the gold Vela for last couple of songs.

Altho it was intimate, I didn't get a great pic of the guitar (lighting/distance).

CXhRf2vWwAASZui.jpg

I may get flamed for this but...

Vernon Reid is a great player and at one time was very influential socially and musically. That time has passed. I doubt a Vernon Reid signature model would resonate with the masses more than a standard offering with similar specs would.

Just saw them again on Dec. 30 - super intimate show at Chicago's City Winery.

Vernon played a normal-bodied (non-Vela) PRS thru most of the set, switching to the gold Vela for last couple of songs.

Altho it was intimate, I didn't get a great pic of the guitar (lighting/distance).

CXhRf2vWwAASZui.jpg
No flame here. I think some of the endorse guitars are barely known to the masses and less known than Reid.From what i have seen Reid has a name that still rings whether with LC or with Bruce and Blackmon. The way i look at it, the celeb guitar thing is all pr anyway.

I may get flamed for this but...

Vernon Reid is a great player and at one time was very influential socially and musically. That time has passed. I doubt a Vernon Reid signature model would resonate with the masses more than a standard offering with similar specs would.

Yeah, but they still sell the Dave Navarro sig and he's probably much less relevant in 2016

Well, I heard that this Vernon Reid model may just be happening...I hope so because he deserves it (and so do I).

PTC will make you one anytime you want...(I didn't want the Floyd on mine...but they'd do that too...).

Back