Introduce yourself!

My belated introduction:

Hello everyone! I joined the forums a few days ago, but wanted to wait until I had a PRS in my hands before introducing myself. I recently acquired a PRS SE Clint Lowery, and it is one uber-shibby make and model. I'm a huge fan of Korn, and lots of other artists and bands. I'm looking forward to hanging around here, talking with you people. :beer:

Last edited:
New up here. Just bought my first American made PRS, a DGT. I have owned a couple of Soap bar II's and for some reason, I trade them away after a while. Love the darn things though, so I'll need another some day. The DGT seems to be a keeper though. I like the many tones it gets. Oi think between the DGT and G&L Blues Boy I can cover quite a bit of ground, although I play much more than blues. Can't help it, it's just what comes out of me. I DO have a habit of saying that the guitar plays me though, not the other way around. For as long as I have been playing, I should be better....... I'll bet most of us feel that way though, right????????

Welcome, guys...take yer shoooz off 'n stay a while...lots of stuff to check out, and plenty o' good people hang around these parts.
And I love the burst on that SE One...

Welcome, guys...take yer shoooz off 'n stay a while...lots of stuff to check out, and plenty o' good people hang around these parts.
And I love the burst on that SE One...
Thanks! To be honest, I'm thinking of refinishing it. I need a sonic blue guitar in my life and this seems like a good candidate. :)

I'm Staul Panley, not to be confused with that other guy. I love to rock and I also love the ladies. My #1 is an SE Bernie Marsden.

Thanks! To be honest, I'm thinking of refinishing it. I need a sonic blue guitar in my life and this seems like a good candidate. :)
Go for it...sea foam green is one of my favorites though...have fun w the collection...enjoy! There are a couple guys that have done those types of transformations, and things went great...threads throughout this site.

I had never really heard of PRS until a little while ago when I picked one up in a store and got hooked. I never really had a brand loyalty, I tried pretty much everything looking for what was best for me. Since I don't have a ton of money and I already had a decent guitar, whatever I would buy would have to be THE guitar. It would have to be perfect since I won't be buying anything else for a long time (at least that's the plan). And PRS fit the bill. Next step was to save up the money for an American one (no half assing at this point, all or nothing) and wait for the right moment for the stars to align. I really liked the blue, purple, and green finishes. But I was in a store one day, what did we even go in for? I think it was just to kill some time. And they had a Dave Navarro on the wall. The guitar, not the guy. Anyway, it was listed as used but I challenge you to show me some evidence of it. Since it was white and not a fancy finish, the price was much lower, and they had it marked down more than any I've seen, anywhere. So I played it and looked for any excuse I could find not buy it. It just came down to the fact that I couldn't pass that deal up. So, that's the story.

I've also got an Encore (cheap strat clone), an ESP LTD diamond plate explorer, and a Fender 12 string acoustic. My main amp is a Vox AC30. My wife is a Fender girl with a Jazz Bass (Mexican), an American Deluxe Jazz Bass, A Fender acoustic bass, and an Ovation Celebrity 6-string. On the wall we have my dad's '74 Conn classical and my father-in-law's '62 Vox Clubman II (we also have the '62 vox AC2 that was purchased with it!)

Hey, my name is Jason. I just recently purchased my first PRS. I'm a huge fan of Alter Bridge and Mark Tremonti and after about a year of researching guitars I narrowed it down between the PRS SE Tremonti custom and a Epi LP Standard. Tremonti was a little out of my price range but after a GC flash sale and a price beat by a competitor I was set. My PRS arrived on Friday and I couldn't be happier! I have a few issues and being an electric guitar noob I'm struggling a bit with tuning w/ a tremolo so i ended up here.

Personal info, I'm 44, have a wife and 2 kids and a foster son (been w/ us for a year). My wife bought me an Ovation Applause 2 years after we married in '97 cause i always talked about how much I would love to learn. I played off and on, took lessons, but never stuck with it as it seemed just too difficult. Recently I found a good online way to learn and did some research only to find out my guitar's action was way too high. I got a full set up and haven't looked back since :)

Anyway, looking forward to meeting and learning from you all!! :)

I'm new on this forum. Joined after I recently played a SC245 at a local vintage guitar shop. Not sure why I had never tried a PRS out before. Maybe because I stayed away from non-USA or Non-Japan guitars and I could never afford a Core PRS. I've owned many Jacksons, ESPs, Gibsons and Ibanezs but never even considered a PRS. But now with the new S2 line, I decided to give it a shot. My new love:
10614314_10154494877005335_1800576217738464851_n.jpg

Hi, I'm Pete. A 45 year old PRS virgin, nervously taking his first steps...

I have a background as a sound technician, so I know PRS from the other side of the glass and have always been impressed with the sound. Makes my job much easier :)
I haven't really played for years. When I did I had A Les Paul, strats, tele's, a single Charvel and a Godin. Write now I'm playing a Squire Strat I bought in Aldi, and to be honest its better
than some of the Fenders I've had, but I'd like something better!
I've got a bit of money at my disposal, but still think going over $1800 would be too extravagant as a bedroom artist.

Style is Stone Roses, Clash, the Jam, but also Free, Thin Lizzy, basically blues/rock and indie.

I've joined the forum today to ask a specific question about a guitar I'm planning to build.
The Zach Meyers, is to me a great looking guitar, not only because of the unbelievable price tag.
http://www.prsguitars.com/sezachmyers/

However, I would like split coils, and the guitar that fits my specifications best is the equally fantastic, yes more pricey S2 single cutaway semi.
http://www.prsguitars.com/s2singlecutsemihollow/

So my question is how difficult would it be to do a mod very similar to this one, installing some 53/10's (though if anyone has other suggestions I'm all ears) and push/pull split coils on the tone pots?

Or maybe the pickups on the Zach Meyers are ready to be tapped? I rather start that way.

I'm used to having a soldering iron in my hand, but if I could buy it already done that would be even better.

Cheers!

(I'll be making another thread, so sorry if it seems like a double post...)

Hello everyone!
My name is Chris (aka Deli, as I am known in the rock community here in Detroit). I have been a Gibby LP and Strat player for many years and recently, I have made the decision to purchase a core model Custom 24 (gotta save up for it though, work in progress) after playing a friend of mine's recently and i was HOOKED! I couldn't believe I have waited for all these years to finally play one let alone dream of actually owning one. It is a major commitment but one that I am very determined to make as I believe that PRS are indeed the finest guitars of our time. I am looking forward to becoming part of the ever-growing PRS community very soon! Cheers!

Back