Inside of a PRS....

There are already a few more threads, which deal with literal inspection. Hasty shooting examples:

Can I have your opinions on this? Does it look legit or shading?

What am I missing here?
Something looks.... off.

Again, I bought the guitar "new" but the more things I notice over time, the more I feel the purchase was unfair. I just wanted to make sure that it's legit. I got past the dents and things on the outside of the guitar, small things but things to indicate that the guitar may have been a floor model or even used and traded in. The switch jack, has a broken toothpick in it to ensure the bridge pickup will work....

Something looks.... off.

Again, I bought the guitar "new" but the more things I notice over time, the more I feel the purchase was unfair. I just wanted to make sure that it's legit. I got past the dents and things on the outside of the guitar, small things but things to indicate that the guitar may have been a floor model or even used and traded in. The switch jack, has a broken toothpick in it to ensure the bridge pickup will work....
It kind of looks off to me too, with the marks that you usually don't find, never mind the hole, and a broken toothpick? Sounds like someone might have messed with it and returned it, or maybe the shop itself tried to fix something and didn't do the best job.

I'm not a pro, but it may be the toggle switch missing
I knew it was something! 😆
It's probably with the toggle switch.
Correct! The toothpick is lodged in between the metal pieces. I took it out and tested it and found the bridge pickup wouldn't output any signal. Put the toothpick back and it was back to good.

The guitar sounds great but the more I look at it, the more I feel like I was jipped and the possibility of that from this particular shop just rubs me wrong.

My actual 2p; older PRS control cavity looks like dogshit. Here's the 1999 Standard with the original wiring before I give it some treatment

Maybe it's older SE's that look a little janky then. I mean, the wiring is neat in mine but the wood work within the cavity is... questionable.

Back