Incoming - amazing how the days fly by!

andy474x

Knows the Drill
I was quoted about 30 days out for the HDRX 20. That was a quick 30 days, because Tyler from Northeast Music let me know today they had an amp in! It’s on the way now.

Shout out to the crew there and their customer service. I requested that they check the amp briefly for any excess noise, they did and even sent me a clip! I also got the Horsemeat from them recently, and they were great to deal with both times. Thanks @LSchefman for the recommendation!

Also incoming for the amp are a pair of NOS Mullard short plate 12ax7's... someone gave me a visa gift card for some work I did for them, and it just happened to be for the same exact value as a pair of those bad boys. Would have preferred the long plates, but they're out of stock where I shop (plus crazy expensive, not that the short plates were cheap).

Now I have to think about whether I want to use one for the third 12ax7, and if I want to go for NOS power tubes, as well. I'm interested to see what would happen if I went 100% NOS right off the bat vs the stock tubes, just to see what the difference is. I went all NOS with my Sweet 16, but it took me a couple years to build up to it, and I'm not sure if any kind of break in/burn in on the amp itself had an effect.

Also considering getting the HDRX 2x12. Because why not.

I was quoted about 30 days out for the HDRX 20. That was a quick 30 days, because Tyler from Northeast Music let me know today they had an amp in! It’s on the way now.

Shout out to the crew there and their customer service. I requested that they check the amp briefly for any excess noise, they did and even sent me a clip! I also got the Horsemeat from them recently, and they were great to deal with both times. Thanks @LSchefman for the recommendation!
Their shop is great. My only guitar and amp vendor.

Back