I wish there was a stock 594 “Black Beauty” option

I only pop in occasionally, but...

Ladkor is a dealer/forum member? I thought them a total scammer site.

Hmmm, then I'd like a word.

They long ago listed my avatar guitar as being for sale by them; I can assure you they've never had it.

prs-custom-24-lefty-top-10-solana-burst-quilt-crop-c0-5__0-5-525x799.gif
WOW! That’s as shady as it gets.:mad:

Characterize how you'd like, that's my Cu24 on their site, so don't 'Oh, really' please. Saw the name and associated the name from years ago posting my guitar, it's still there, follow the link.

OP: Sorry for the derail.
I’m sorry, I meant that in a sincere way with the “Oh, really?” thing.

It’s just they were/are a member here and an authorized dealer, so if they’re part of a re-selling thing, or worse, a scammer, I’d be interested in hearing about it. Maybe in another thread or something.

OP here. Maybe we can drop back to talking about Singlecuts in a nice black finish?
A black Bernie SE is a great platform for modding if you’re on a budget and want a “tuxedo” look, but not the right scale or fingerboard.

I have a modded Nick Cantonese that’s 25” and has kooky red binding, but it sonically reminds me of a brighter LPC.

Getting the look and the specs to line up seems like waiting or encouraging a dealer to do a WL run with ebony boards.

Yeah. We just used to not sh!t on dealers (publicly) around here.

But by all means, go ahead and talk smack about the guy who commissioned the only version available of the guitar a bunch of you want. Perhaps he’ll give you a discount.
Since when did speaking your opinion become “shitting” on someone? Did I call the guy or shop any bad names or slander them in any way? So let me get this straight… so it’s okay to have a negative opinion about an overly priced guitar when it’s nobody you know, like is done all the time in this forum, but heaven forbid you say it about somebody that somebody else knows. Wake up, if your feelings get hurt so easy you should stop reading posts that you did not write yourself. That would cure all your ails.

And NO where did I say I wanted any of the guitars that shop has listed.

Core 594 Singlecut, solid black nitro, ebony board, gold hardware. It’s a classic combo. But I think it’d have to be a dealer WL run to get the ebony board and gold hardware, even though the solid top color doesn’t need a nicer flame pattern (or any flame). If you can even find a black 594, and swap in gold hardware yourself, it still has a rosewood board.

I wish this look was easier to get.
It's pretty easy to get the ebony board, since it's standard with an Artist Package. Gold hardware used to be an Artist option as well (might be mixed hardware now).

Black is a standard color, and can probably be ordered with an Artist Package.

One real problem is that a genuine Black Beauty was originally an all-mahogany guitar, no maple top. My guess is you'd need to go Private Stock for that. And of course, you'd want them to do the multi-piece plastic binding that was on the Black Beauty.

From time to time I've toyed with the idea of having a PS 594 with a natural all-African mahogany body, and black top with wood binding; I'd probably be stuck on whether to get P-90s or 5708s for a few days if I went that route, but I'd want mixed hardware and a BRW board.

Last edited:
Since when did speaking your opinion become “shitting” on someone? Did I call the guy or shop any bad names or slander them in any way? So let me get this straight… so it’s okay to have a negative opinion about an overly priced guitar when it’s nobody you know, like is done all the time in this forum, but heaven forbid you say it about somebody that somebody else knows. Wake up, if your feelings get hurt so easy you should stop reading posts that you did not write yourself. That would cure all your ails.

And NO where did I say I wanted any of the guitars that shop has listed.
Look, I should apologize for coming in hot at you, specifically. I’m sorry. That was wrong of me.

plenty of the S2 blacks (satin and regular) with nice, dark regular rosewood boards. Gold hardware is an easy enough swap, as are electronics and pickups. Certainly at a fraction of the core price. But I get wanting that core version!

If we're going to do a black beauty, could we maybe just make it a three pickup model?

There’s a guy on here who would mod the fxck out of this -

Black beauty in the making.

I'm still looking for a black double cutaway 594. Shout if anyone has a lead on one, new or used. Thanks in advance.

Back