I passed!!

Lola

❤️guitar
I was at the doctor’s office at 8:30 just in case he was early. The office opens at 8. I sat their just dying inside. I would of been delighted to be at a Greek wedding right then and there to get rid of the anxiety. Smashing as many plates as possible!! It’s 8:45 where is he??? And then who comes waltzing through the door with an ear to ear grin. My doctor. I was so excited. So he took off the support plate and wrap and just looked at. He had me wiggle my fingers, bend them, grip his fingers yards yada. I got sent down for more Ex rays. It did hurt like a partial SOB when I grabbed his wrist with my left hand. All those little nerves around the hamate context to the unlnar(in your elbows) nerves.

But the 49 MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION WAS?Can I attempt to play???? He said EFFING YES but only for 5 - 10 minutes until I see physio guy tomorrow. He said to stop and not to play beyond my threshold. Like he couldn’t tell I was already jumping off the walls doing back flips I was so excited.

I am just trying to get my grip back to where it was. I have to find that sweet spot. I am playing with my Nitefly because it’s so lightweight.

Just playing a very modified mess but that’s okay. My baby finger doesn’t want to bend and use the tip it wants to fret flat now. Can’t do a open D. WTH! This just sucks! Not crossing the line.

I missed each and everyone of my guitars. They’re all in different tunings. They’re a huge part of my life.

I just had to give them a kiss. I know I am crazy but I dfc!!

Last edited:
Glad things are looking up for you! I severely damaged my left pinky many years ago and never had it looked at. There are still things I can't do with it, but people don't seem to notice my playing suffered. I hope you get back to 100%, but even if you don't, you can still play, gig, record and enjoy it.

A small paver 4x4 brick fell off gf the deck and nicked my baby finger on my fretting hand.
I feel your pain. Last July I partially amputated (75%) my little finger on my left hand just above the joint below the tip. I was doing some concrete work and cleaning out the mixer and had the 70 pound safety grate swing back and pinch my finger between two pieces of metal. It effing SUCKED!!

Was out of work for a few months before being cleared to lift more than 5 pounds. It's healed pretty nice though by now, much better than i was expecting. Most of the tingling has subsided but it's still a little painful at times if I bang it and the nail grew back funky.

I feel your pain. Last July I partially amputated (75%) my little finger on my left hand just above the joint below the tip. I was doing some concrete work and cleaning out the mixer and had the 70 pound safety grate swing back and pinch my finger between two pieces of metal. It effing SUCKED!!

Was out of work for a few months before being cleared to lift more than 5 pounds. It's healed pretty nice though by now, much better than i was expecting. Most of the tingling has subsided but it's still a little painful at times if I bang it and the nail grew back funky.
I lost the tip of my right middle finger in a door frame as my brother slammed the door. It was the 70's so they didn't even try to sew it back on.

Good news is the nail grew back perfect and with the missing tip I can hold a pick and still cross/chicken pick with the middle finger, among the other normal middle finger gestures!

So glad you, and Lola, are back to playing! That's a great feeling!

I lost the tip of my right middle finger in a door frame as my brother slammed the door. It was the 70's so they didn't even try to sew it back on.

Good news is the nail grew back perfect and with the missing tip I can hold a pick and still cross/chicken pick with the middle finger, among the other normal middle finger gestures!

So glad you, and Lola, are back to playing! That's a great feeling!
I mean it didn't hold Jerry Garcia back ;)

I just need to figure out a plan now.
I am just going to assume that I would be at an intermediate level. And go from there. Everyone’s interpretation is going big to different.

I am using Robert Baker’s videos as references especially his EVH ones. I really like Justin Sandercoe as well. He’s rich enough got to give Robert Baker done love too!

Last edited:
I just need to figure out a plan now.
I am just going to assume that I would be at an intermediate level. And go from there. Everyone’s interpretation is going big to different.

I am using Robert Baker’s videos as references especially his EVH ones. I really like Justin Sandercoe as well. He’s rich enough got to give Robert Baker done love too!
Just take it as it goes and most of all, have fun

My wife shared a really cool quote the other day and I think it may be applicable in this scenario and most every day...

“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. He is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day who allows it to be invaded with fret and anxiety.

Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities, no doubt crept in. Forget them as soon as you can, tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely, with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense.

This new day is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on the yesterdays.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just take it as it goes and most of all, have fun
I am trying to but already thinking about time I’ve lost. I will never be the player that I want to be. That really upsets me the most. I have basically run out of time. 57,58 this year. Getting older, less flexible, arthritis. I hate it!

Have to become more objective and not a whiny cry baby. Sorry!! I have to STFU!

Last edited:
My wife shared a really cool quote the other day and I think it may be applicable in this scenario and most every day...

“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. He is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day who allows it to be invaded with fret and anxiety.

Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities, no doubt crept in. Forget them as soon as you can, tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely, with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense.

This new day is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on the yesterdays.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sorry Lola has left the building! Wish I didn’t have a brain!

Last edited:
Back