Hotrod CE-22 - to Floyd or not to Floyd?

Stormin

I've really been enjoying my hotrod CE-22 that I built over the last year: SAS neck with birds, Dragon I's, Sweet Switch, Tremol-No, etc. The problem is that as much as I love it, I'm TOTALLY jonesing for a guitar with a Floyd.

So here's the conundrum - should I send it to the PTC for a Floyd, move it and get a Floyd loaded axe like an Axis or a Charvel, or just keep it and get over the Floyd jones?

I'm just not sure which way to go here...

prs_cem_2.jpg

Don't do it, that's a great guitar the way it is. What's the deal with people wanting Floyd's on PRS? I have been doing bottomed-out dive bombs with my CE for twenty years and never had a problem with tuning issues, I could see it if they made a tonal improvement though.

Why don't you go to a big-box guitar store that offers returns, I bet you will get over the Floyd jones in thirty days, if not... go for it.

You have a beautiful guitar, please don't do a mod that can't easily be taken back...

Wanna trade for a USA Peavey Wolfgang with a Floyd Rose???

I would change the brassblock of course but im sure you all are tired hearing that by now :D..Cool guitar!

I think sending that CE-22 to the PTC is a great idea. If you give the tremolo a workout, they stay in tune better than a non-locking tremolo (in my experiences). Live life by your own rules and go for it.

Back