Hi there, I'm new but I've owned this PRS for a long time, looking to learn more about it

VBdude

Hey there everyone! I've found my people at last!

Like the title says, I bought this PRS from a Guitar Center in Chicago back in 1990/91 I believe. If I remember correctly the guitar had been special ordered by another customer who had made a deposit on it but hadn't come to pick it up in time so they were selling it. Everything pictured is how it came from the factory, I feel like I haven't seen a pickup configuration like that a lot but I'm definitely no PRS expert.

I was hoping someone here might be able to give me a little more information about it, such as what the model is, what wood it might be made out of, etc... Anything would be helpful, it plays like a dream but I've never been terribly educated about the guitar itself.

Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/AhVLpFG . serial #

https://imgur.com/a/AhVLpFG . body

edit: obviously i'm a total noob that hasn't figured out how to post pictures directly, sorry!

AhVLpFG

hmImAlk

Welcome aboard, buddy.

That’s what’s called a Studio model, because that’s what they called guitars with the H/S/S pickup configuration, otherwise it’s the same as a Custom 24.

Mahogany body, maple top, mahogany neck, and rosewood fretboard (great chance yours is Brazilian).

All in all, that’s a an absolutely Bangin’! guitar.

Welcome aboard, buddy.

That’s what’s called a Studio model, because that’s what they called guitars with the H/S/S pickup configuration, otherwise it’s the same as a Custom 24.

Mahogany body, maple top, mahogany neck, and rosewood fretboard (great chance yours is Brazilian).

All in all, that’s a an absolutely Bangin’! guitar.

Thank you, that's pretty cool to know after all this time! Do you happen to know if I'm reading the website correctly that this would be a 1990 model year?

Very nice! I've been looking into the older Studios myself for a little bit. Definitely on the wish list.

Welcome!

Yes cool guitar, I have an 89 Black Pearl only mine has moons. It's funny on the case for my Studio it says "Shanana", I often wonder if at one time it belong to a member of the band.

Back