Help have a big resonate ring in the A on my new custom 22

Has anyone had this problem before? I have a massive resonate ring when you play a A note. I have taken it back to were I bought it but I don't think they should be looking at it. Should it go back to PRS so they can repair it. I bought a custom 22 brand new.

Did you try it with a different amp, just to make sure it's the guitar?

The reason I ask is that I went nuts one day with a resonance in one of my guitars, only to find that I had a microphonic tube that went all crazy at the one note.

Last edited:
Sorry took so long to get back to you guys. Thanks for all the comments. Sorry I should have been more specific my guitar is a trem, and you don't need to be plugged in the hear the resonate ringing. The place I got it from still has it and I am getting concerned. If something is wrong with the guitar and these boys start messing with it and screw something else up (eg won't stay in tune or something) will I have trouble sending it back to PRS to get fixed? They are suppose to be authorized the work on it but they were not trained at PRS. Very worried it's my first PRS and I don't want anything to go wrong.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;83597 said:
Vibrating trem spring.

Agreed. And it's simple to solve that if it's the spring that's causing the resonance. You can simply damp it with foam, a piece of rubber, lots of things.

Back