Hate to be a bummer...

Hopeful Sinner

Angry Southern Gentleman
...but, I lost this big lug Monday and it just sucks! His name is Butterbean and he was smart, loyal, silly and a good friend for many years and I miss him... We got him when both kids were very young, 5-6 years old and they grew up together. He was pretty much considered my son's dog and you know, the old adage about a boy and his dog. Anyway, just wanted to share...

boog.jpg

Man that sucks! He was a cute dog.

Losing a pet sometimes feels like losing a family member.

SO sorry to hear that Jon. They become a part of the family. I've gone thru it 4 times and it sux every time, but I couldn't imagine life without them.

Sorry brother, pets are family members! My condolences.

Jon, I like everybody else here is sorry for you and your families loss. Just try to remember all the good times and remember how much he made you smile.

No bummer to share that at all, all dog lovers know what you mean. Butterbean looks to have been the man. My condolences.

Puppy time!

My dog is my best friend (and I could include humans in that declaration, lol) . If I lost him I would be devastated.

I feel your pain, it is hard to lose the part of the family that is a pet. Butterbean looks like he should've had a purple tongue? A bit of Chow-Chow in him?

We had a dog for 16 years that we finally had to put down, he had cancer. We went for almost a year without a dog, it was a sad time in our lives. We ended up finding another dog after that year, we drove a state away to get him. He's been with us for about three years now.

I know you can't replace Butterbean but another dog will help with the healing process. There are many dogs out there that need a loving home.

Last edited:
I know you can't replace Butterbean but another dog will help with the healing process. There are many dogs out there that need a loving home.

Absolutely agree!

Also - even though Butterbean has left us, and I knew the sad nature of the thread before I opened it, just looking at those photos of him made me very happy. He was such a good looking guy!

We have 2 cats. One of them is quite a bit older. I know the day is coming, but I know what is like to lose these special family members. "Pet" just doesn't describe how closely they integrate in our lives.

I understand and commiserate in your loss. Big manly hug for you, bro...

Adorable dog. I remember when I lost the dog I grew up with. She was 17, I was 18. Its not easy but then again she had stomach cancer and near the end it was best if she wasn't suffering anymore. Swore I would never have another dog. Then I saw this guy...

31219_444937560832_8089936_n.jpg

and how could you not smile. Few things in my everyday life I look forward to, but that little face meeting at my door after work every day, I mean come on!

Last edited:
Very sorry for your loss bro, the pups really grab your heart and hang on... that's for sure.
I'm sure he is having a silly time in doggy heaven though,... lots of friends up there for him :)

Back