Guess my NGD!

Good to see you and your dealer have reached an amicable solution. How are you getting along with those pickups?
Surprisingly well. I might try to get ahold of some Core pickups or possible just pop some Seymour Duncans in there, but I'm fairly content with how these pickups sound for right now. Overall, very satisfied :D

Time for an update! I ended up returning this guitar. I was nice, but after a while, there was just a little nagging feeling of "this isn't what I wanted." So I took it back to GC and got my cash back. That was about 2 weeks ago...

Today, I was poking around Reverb and found something I was very interested in. The price was pretty good but had been sitting around for a while. I threw out an offer and they accepted. So now it's time for Guess my NGD, round 2!

3 hints!
  1. It's a Core model.
  2. It's a 2011 model.
  3. It has 3 pickups.

Time for an update! I ended up returning this guitar. I was nice, but after a while, there was just a little nagging feeling of "this isn't what I wanted." So I took it back to GC and got my cash back. That was about 2 weeks ago...

Today, I was poking around Reverb and found something I was very interested in. The price was pretty good but had been sitting around for a while. I threw out an offer and they accepted. So now it's time for Guess my NGD, round 2!

3 hints!
  1. It's a Core model.
  2. It's a 2011 model.
  3. It has 3 pickups.

Studios rock!

We have a winner, folks! I've always loved Stratty tones but could never find a Strat that felt right. Found one on Reverb for a stupid low price and snatched it up. Stratty tones with PRS feel and playability seems like a no-brainer. Hope this one doesn't go the way the way of my past Strats.

Studios rock!
I would love to get my hands on a SA Studio, but the few that I can find are a bit out of my price range. Plus, I've been on a big Hendrix and Gilmour kick lately so the DC3 probably fits that sound more than a Studio.

Last edited:
Back