Guess my NGD!

Not to be a gloomy Gus, but it snowed somewhere in the country yesterday. There might be "weather delays". :mad:

On Vehicle for Delivery ;)

I'm over here in NC. Our snow isn't coming til tonight :rolleyes:
Excellent. My last "important delivery" was delayed because of inclement weather in Boston. I live in Indianapolis and the package came from California. o_O A dusting of snow within a 1000 mile radius of destination can impact our enjoyment.

Get your camera ready. We'll need immediate photos.:cool:

Excellent. My last "important delivery" was delayed because of inclement weather in Boston. I live in Indianapolis and the package came from California. o_O A dusting of snow within a 1000 mile radius of destination can impact our enjoyment.

Get your camera ready. We'll need immediate photos.:cool:
It'll have to wait til I stop drooling first :p

I've received confirmation that it has been delivered! Now to get home from work o_O
That's why I get guitars and related stuff delivered to work. I have a shipping/receiving dept that can sign for it all day long, so I don't need to be home, it gets delivered by someone who isn't likely to just toss it to the front door, and I can play with it almost right away, if I'm not mired in a meeting!

Well, interesting news. It doesn't appear to actually be a McCarty. It seems to be a 2001 Custom 22, with moons and non-locking tuners. Body thickness is basically identical to my S2 24 and it has what look like SE style tuners rather than the kludon style. I'll confirm by checking under the bridge pup when I change the strings next. It's still a sweet guitar so I'll probably end up keeping it. Might check with GC and see if they'll refund me a tiny bit since it wasn't as advertised.

Nonetheless, here it is! Sorry for the awful pic, I just snapped a quick one. More to come!

D7607283-B8F4-4048-8850-D55A2EDD71D7_zpstfbqdhcq.jpg

It could be a McCarty. Does the guitar correspond with the photographs of the guitar advertised? The sooner you get inside those cavities the better.

Definitely not an expert here, but looks like a Custom 22. McCarty should have covered pickups and Kluson style keystone tuners.

Cool guitar, nonetheless.

Just popped the bridge pickup and ran the MODCAT. Confirmed my suspicions.

Model: Custom 22/24
Top Wood: Maple
Frets: 22
Top Spec: Figured Maple
Top Grade: Non-Ten Top
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Neck Carve: Pattern (Wide/Fat)
Fingerboard Wood: East Indian Rosewood
Inlay: Moons (pre-2008)
Bridge: Straight Stoptail
Color: Black
Hardware: Nickel
Treble Pickup: Dragon 2
Middle Pickup: none
Bass Pickup: Dragon 2
Electronics: 5-Way Rotary

As you can tell, the rotary has obviously been replaced with a 3 way. Once thing that's annoying is the pickups and G&B pickups, meaning, it looks like someone popped the D2s out and put some SE pickups in. Oh well. For the price, I really can't complain. It plays and sounds great. I'll likely just get some core pickups or Seymour Duncans and replace these if I don't like them.

The dealer has let you down badly here. You did not receive what was advertised. I don't doubt that the guitar is fine but it is not what you wanted. And those SE G&B pickups - enough said. I feel disappointed for you myself. Complain, complain and complain again. And don't be buttered down with an offer of a pack of strings in compensation. Me, I would send it back.

Nice guitar no matter how you slice it. Although I totally get the "bird in hand" sentiment I think I'd be tempted to re-negotiate or send it back.
Sweet anyway!

Cool guitar. Bummed it's not what you thought you were getting though.

Well, I talked to the GC store manager where this guy came from and worked out a deal. He was reluctant at first, since Custom 22s are actually a little bit more valuable on the used market than McCartys are, but when I threatened to return it entirely, he was a bit more cooperative. Overall, I'm really loving the guitar and couldn't be happier, despite everything that has happened. It isn't the prettiest PRS I've seen, but it's mine and that's all that matters!

Good, and congrats on the CU22. I came really close to grabbing one used near me for a great deal but backed out when I found out the neck had been repaired.
Great guitar.

Good to see you and your dealer have reached an amicable solution. How are you getting along with those pickups?

Glad to hear that it was cleared up. That's the nice thing about getting a guitar like that, you can swap the pickups in and out and not have to worry. If that price on the first page was correct, you could easily put in a set of factory pickups and either a 5 way rotary or push/pull pot on the tone control and still come out quite well. (BTW, eBay has a set of Dragon II with covers for $240 if you wanted to go that way).

Well, I talked to the GC store manager where this guy came from and worked out a deal. He was reluctant at first, since Custom 22s are actually a little bit more valuable on the used market than McCartys are, but when I threatened to return it entirely, he was a bit more cooperative. Overall, I'm really loving the guitar and couldn't be happier, despite everything that has happened. It isn't the prettiest PRS I've seen, but it's mine and that's all that matters!

Sniff....I love a happy ending

Back