Great gig.

gush

Where is that speedo pic
We were asked to play at Rock and Row Adventures in Eldora Iowa again and the show was last night.

They take people up the river and they tube back down which generally takes 6 hours give or take. Most all camp there as well so unless you really suck you are pretty much garranteed a great time.

I played my custom 24 with 5909s all night and I am again reminded how much I just love those pickups.

I tend to get kind if giddy when I get a new guitar or amp or whatever. I also tend to rave about said item maybe too quickly. After I've had it a while, I then start to realize its short comings.

I've had this particular cu24 for maybe 5 years and when I come back to it I always think that this is the ONE. I have even refrained from playing it just to see if one of my others can fill that spot but it never happens. I do have 8515s in my Mccarty and I really like those but I cut a string slot too deep and it frets out so I haven't played it out much. Haven't had time to fix it either.

So after 5 years I'm going to say that to me, the 5909 bridge is the greatest pickup ever.

I have 5708 squabbins in a ce24 and I love that neck pickup but I'm dropping a 5909 bridge in it to see what it turns that guitar into.

Sounds like you had a great gig!

Nothing beats the combination of a great guitar and pickups you love to work with.

Back