Got an Instgram message from Seymour W. Duncan today...

Lewguitar

Old Know It All
We're friends on Facebook and have met and had some conservations.

He asked me about my family and all that.

It was an impersonator using Seymour's photo, name and Facebook account.

The impersonator started trying to get me to give him my financial info and sign up for some "new government program for seniors". Told me he had been given $50,000 and I could get it too.

At that point I told the impersonator I thought he scamming me, blocked him and reported the scam to Facebook and Instagram.

Then I wrote to the real Seymour and told him someone had probably hacked his Instagram account.

Seymour wrote right back and said: "Oh boy! I don't even have an Instagram account. Thanks!".

So if you get a message from Seymour asking you to sign up for something, it's probably not him!

We're friends on Facebook and have met and had some conservations.

He asked me about my family and all that.

It was an impersonator using Seymour's photo, name and Facebook account.

The impersonator started trying to get me to give him my financial info and sign up for some "new government program for seniors". Told me he had been given $50,000 and I could get it too.

At that point I told the impersonator I thought he scamming me, blocked him and reported the scam to Facebook and Instagram.

Then I wrote to the real Seymour and told him someone had probably hacked his Instagram account.

Seymour wrote right back and said: "Oh boy! I don't even have an Instagram account. Thanks!".

So if you get a message from Seymour asking you to sign up for something, it's probably not him!
This type of activity seems to be increasing quickly! Thanks for bringing this to our attention!! For those unsure, famous person XXX is NOT interested in you!!!

I had to get back on Facebook for work reasons. I've gotten a TON of those solicitations... I was warned not to turn down friend requests unless I "knew" they were bogus... They didn't want to take any chance that a realtor referred someone and I blocked their friend request. So my facebook assistant/trainer (who is a late 20s female) said "If they are showing a lot of cleavage in their picture, it's probably a solicitation to an Only Fans page, or other thing like that." SO far, that's been almost 100% true.

But I did have one with a pic of a young girl in the picture with her, and the woman was fully clothed, so I accepted. I mean it wasn't 2 minutes later she was messaging me... "how are you today, handsome?" I replied, "I'm not falling for the banana in the tailpipe... even if that's what you're here for." and blocked her.

Last edited by a moderator:
p.s. The best ones though, and this has happened on INstagram for years now, but as I'm newer to facebook this go round, it's happening again, that you get multiple friend requests from differently named people... but using the same pictures in their profile. There is one girl whose picture I've seen on at least 25 different friend invites on INstagram. Like they get these models photos, and people just use their pictures to set up bogus accounts on social media platforms.

Scams became so frequent past year or two. I just had the email via the form on my webshop that my domain is being terminated today unless I will update my payment method. How creative, my domain contract is indeed due for renewal, but at the end of the month.

Back