First post NGD

Gene Smith

Just joined up and new guitar is had. It's a spanky new CE24 in Whale Blue. Went to a PRS event held by Paul and Bryan and the talk and Q&A was cool and I must admit I have never seen so much guitar beauty in one room! I already have an American Deluxe Strat and a Variax JTV-59 so the CE rounded out the stable nicely. Plus I got a discount for the event and got it signed my Paul. My only issue is I am going to have to drop the action quite a bit. Other than that and what looks like some faded spots in the stain it is a mighty fine instrument indeed.
Can't post links yet so no pics.

Awesome! The color variation in Whale Blue is part of the character and part of what makes it a cool color to me. Enjoy!

After looking at some store pics online I figured that was it. I think they go shy with any grain filler on the tops and that causes some of the colors like whale blue to just show it more. That said I do love the finish and the tone so no complaints here!

I love every millimeter of imperfection on the top of my old CE24. I hope you will as well. Nice guitar!

After looking at some store pics online I figured that was it. I think they go shy with any grain filler on the tops and that causes some of the colors like whale blue to just show it more. That said I do love the finish and the tone so no complaints here!

Maple has a tight enough grain so that no filler is needed in general. But I agree some stain colors/methods show the variation better. The Core model color is Faded Whale Blue, which purposely enhances it even more. Violet is another color that has the same effect.

Now that you've posted a couple times...

Pictures!

Did you go to the event in MD by any chance? If so, I was there last week well. Didn't buy anything, but the it was cool to listen to them talk to everyone about the business and pretty much everything else.

Did you go to the event in MD by any chance? If so, I was there last week well. Didn't buy anything, but the it was cool to listen to them talk to everyone about the business and pretty much everything else.

Yes, the one in LaPlata

Ah, very cool. Probably saw you there, but there were quite a few people around. Keith is a good guy to buy from and always has lots of goodies in his store.

Ah, very cool. Probably saw you there, but there were quite a few people around. Keith is a good guy to buy from and always has lots of goodies in his store.
Yeah, they sold a bunch of PRS that night. I originally went up to sit in on the clinic and see if they had an SE 277 baritone semi-hollow soapbar (which they did) and got suckered by all of the PRS beauty and the price on the CE, so the journey begins :) . I've bought a few guitars from Keith and stop by whenever I'm in LaPlata to see what's new.

Wow Gene, very nice! I spend way too much time, and money, in there. Great place and lots of stuff to drool over.

Back